Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to buy American Skier

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leafstream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leafstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to buy American Skier
    Posted: February-26-2004 at 10:01am
Hi,

I'm new here and have found an American Skier from 1980 with a Ford engine, at a really good price (I think). I'll mainly use it for wakeboarding. Is this a good wakeboard boat? Any known problems? What to look out for?
The ad says Ford 250 HP V8 engine, does that mean a PCM 302 engine?

Thankful for any help!

//Stefan
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2004 at 12:43pm
I believe from the factory it would be a 240hp 351w but the owner could have modified a 302 to get it to 250hp. I thought a 302 was also rated around 200hp stock from the factory. I'm sure someone will be able to give you the correct info. As far as wakeboarding goes it should be ok, the wake won't be as big as the newer boats can produce but then it's all realative to your skill level as well. Does it already have a tower or a flite pole? and fat sakes? Be cautioned the weight rating should be around 950-1000Lb gear and people with fat sakes your adding 600lb and it doesn't leave much room for more weight.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2004 at 7:51pm
is this boat a correct craft? if it is they did not set 351 motors in these boats except on very special order. the boat is only 17feet long and bia didnot like 351 in such a short boat. you need to look at the intake a 302 is about 9" acrossed the top where as a 351 is 11" across.
woodyelc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic