Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lake Norman - I heard some guys are dropping by
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman - I heard some guys are dropping by

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 10:59pm

Have fun guy's !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 10:20pm
IAughtNaut was right, "the old man" is wanting to get some ride time in. I think the guest list is exciting and am looking forward to trying to find Reidp's little spot of heaven.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

...I'll pick up a few cans of Boiled P-nuts....

No self respecting Georgian would be caught eating boiled peanuts out of a can. I'm disappointed.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

No self respecting Georgian would be caught eating boiled peanuts out of a can. I'm disappointed.

I boiled a big pot of peanuts last weekend. I'll bring a few bags. If anyone is heading back to IL maybe they can take a bag to Pete.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 1:40am
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Damn right skippy...Can't very well send Pete back some fresh ones...They'd be gone before they hit the Tennessee State line. That's why I'd send em all wrapped up.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 4:15am
Hey Reid do you have room for a tent,van and a orange 210? Were hoping to hook up with Morefoot Thurs for the road trip.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Hey Reid do you have room for a tent,van and a orange 210? Were hoping to hook up with Morefoot Thurs for the road trip.

Mike, the property hasn't shrunk since you were there last, so we've got you covered. We'll certainly look forward to seeing you and Gail.

Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

IAughtNaut was right, "the old man" is wanting to get some ride time in. I think the guest list is exciting and am looking forward to trying to find Reidp's little spot of heaven.

Jackie, I just now found your CCF message from 9/22    And I'm certainly glad you're gonna make it up. The address is 140 Stepaside Lane, Mooresville, NC 28117.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 11:01pm
Thanks for the address. I din't think a southern GPS could find Joe in N>Y> but it did, so this may be easier. Looking forward to Joe's food and Morfoot's "toddy", along with some good footin' (maybe some wakeboard face planting). I know I am reatively new to this crowd, but yawl truely make me feel welcome. One more request Reid, give me a call on my cell, 706-957-1186 so I can have yours for the trip. Thanks. See you Friday. If I get there before dark, maybe there will still be a boat in the water.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 2:19pm
Alot quieter thread than I thought it would be.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 2:46pm
Unfortunately, I can't make this one. Need some more notice.

Maybe a trip to one of the TVA lakes next summer?

Tim
Tubing Sucks.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 2:48pm
Hopefully cause everyone is doing what I am doing which is trying to get business taken care of to get down there.

You coming on out Brother Tom? Looks like pretty darn acceptable weather is being forcast, especially compared to the 50s we are expecting to see up here in the north. I have never actually seen lake norman without a healthy wind during my visits, but I am holding out hope that this is the time.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:55pm
Foot is heading Northeast tomorrow morning. It seems that I did not burn my Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday so guess what tomorrow is? Guess Reid and I will warm up the fleet while the rest of y'all are in transit.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:00pm
Joe, my plan is to be there mid afternoon Friday.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Joe, my plan is to be there mid afternoon Friday.

You "bringing" Cat with ya?
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:32pm
Friday cannot get here fast enough, I'm stranded in Idaho until tomorrow, just worked 27 hours straight, its cold and windy as shlt here...can't wait to get on the water. see you guys in a couple days.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:41pm
jeez I am a little worried you old guys are going to be all warn out by the time us youngins show up late friday night/early sat. Make sure y'all let Reid get a nap in at some point on Friday.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:55pm
Skicat has a previous family engagement to go to. Probably get another friend to ride down with me. Karen will be in Maryland at a wedding.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

jeez I am a little worried you old guys are going to be all warn out by the time us youngins show up late friday night/early sat. Make sure y'all let Reid get a nap in at some point on Friday.

Hey now! Wait a second here.....Who was it a month ago (in CT) that told me that I needed to jump in his 83 because it was rigged for wakeboarding and I was the ONLY resident inverts guy? Now your telling me I might need a nap? Ouch!   

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 6:11pm
Reid,

Can I help with food? Since I am local, I can help out in that area.
Please let me know what you will need. I know Joe is bring some kick butt dogs and sausage, but surely there is some where I can help. I recently spoke with Steve Watkins and he is also wanting to help out.

I need some time to find some fresh southern roadkill for our nothern friends. It all taste like chicken when fried.

Thanks,

Donald
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 6:18pm

Hey now! Wait a second here.....Who was it a month ago (in CT) that told me that I needed to jump in his 83 because it was rigged for wakeboarding and I was the ONLY resident inverts guy? Now your telling me I might need a nap? Ouch!   

Boy you aged quick!

Well Kytom is looking for a little action on this thread, that means I got to bust some ones chops over something to illicit a response.

I expected most would know that I was speaking in jest when I included myself in “young guys” category.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 7:46pm
C'mon Joe you've known me long enough that I was just throwing that back at ya.

I talked to Reid last night and we discussed a couple of things with food being one of them. Joe is bringing his famous potatoes and dogs so I had asked Reid if he'd like for me to bring up my electric smoker. We can do whatever we want as in Chicken 1/4's, hams, turkeys roast whatever? I threw the idea of chicken 1/4's at him as I can get about 20lbsof quarters on two racks, they are relatively cheap( like $5 for a 10lb bag), and can feed a small army which sounds like what's showing up anyway. Just toss em on, plug it in, and go play on the water for 5 hours come back and you've got chicken that's awesome. If one of you guys wanna bring that with you and a big aluminum pan to put them in then we won't have to worry bout it.

Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 8:13pm
I'll bring chicken quarters and foil pans. Any kind of sauce we need for the chicken Tim?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

I'll bring chicken quarters and foil pans. Any kind of sauce we need for the chicken Tim?

Yes, probably a case of that Sams Adams Oktoberfest 'BREWing' sauce will go great with it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:42pm
Have about some T bone and some Seafood !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:43pm
With a little G23 on the side !!'
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:45pm

Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Yes, probably a case of that Sams Adams Oktoberfest 'BREWing' sauce will go great with it.

wife went out and picked up 3 bags (30 lbs. of chicken quarters tonight). She knew what was good for her. I'll get some pans too and some sauce too.
Morfoot, shoot me your phone number when you get a chance. I've got windshield time tomorrow morning and would like to call you.   8034662808
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:48pm
Or some 550 !!   Oh no say it not true.., hehe
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 11:29pm
Joe to me you are a youngster. I include myself in the "older" crowd. Back to what we need?...Plastic knives,forks solo cups? Be glad to pick those up or anything else you can think of. Looking for some help here with ideas.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 1:32am
Val and I are coming down Friday....Hope to be there around 1 pm. No Boat(s) this time... Planning on riding in style! We need to boogie back up to Roanoke late Saturday night....Need to chaperone the college kids and Grandma Saturday night and Sunday (gonna have the family together on Sunday for a change).... look forward to hangin with ya'all.........
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 10:17am
I sure wish I could be there. I'm really missing the family!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic