Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lake Norman - I heard some guys are dropping by
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman - I heard some guys are dropping by

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Val and I are coming down Friday....Hope to be there around 1 pm. No Boat(s) this time... Planning on riding in style! We need to boogie back up to Roanoke late Saturday night....Need to chaperone the college kids and Grandma Saturday night and Sunday (gonna have the family together on Sunday for a change).... look forward to hangin with ya'all.........

I was thinking about coming, so maybe a could bring one of your boats
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Val and I are coming down Friday....Hope to be there around 1 pm. No Boat(s) this time... Planning on riding in style! We need to boogie back up to Roanoke late Saturday night....Need to chaperone the college kids and Grandma Saturday night and Sunday (gonna have the family together on Sunday for a change).... look forward to hangin with ya'all.........

I was thinking about coming, so maybe a could bring one of your boats

Go for it Wayne! It would be great to see you and great to be in the Tique again! Plus, you could remind TimB that the Tique is GREEN.....

Gonna bring your wife and the Little Correct Craft Fans?   
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:15am
I am trying to get Bethany excited about an "adventure" with the kids, so we will see, that is if Reid is OK with a couple of more adults and kids (she likes to camp, so maybe we could tent out on the lawn?).
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:22am
Reid will be fine with a couple of extras. Definitely come on out!!!

On another note, the Murphy's will be bringing 20-25lbs of pulled pork BBQ. My wife has a good recipe, so that should go a long ways for a lunch or dinner supplement on one of the days. We will also bring some cole slaw for a side or topper.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone. When we made our plans, I thought this was going to be a small gathering, but it's shaping up to be a full on CCF romp. The fence sitters better come on out.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Are you bringing your boys?
89 SN
Lizzy Santo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Hey Reid do you have room for a tent,van and a orange 210? Were hoping to hook up with Morefoot Thurs for the road trip.

Mike, the property hasn't shrunk since you were there last, so we've got you covered. We'll certainly look forward to seeing you and Gail.

Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

IAughtNaut was right, "the old man" is wanting to get some ride time in. I think the guest list is exciting and am looking forward to trying to find Reidp's little spot of heaven.

Jackie, I just now found your CCF message from 9/22    And I'm certainly glad you're gonna make it up. The address is 140 Stepaside Lane, Mooresville, NC 28117.

ReidP! Lizzy Santo will be there! Do you have room for Matt and Lizzy Santo to stay over? I think my husband is in great need of some fun ski time! It would be great to hang out Saturday, Shot Ski, pass out, then wake up early Sunday and barefoot!!! :)
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Are you bringing your boys?

Yes. My boys and my girls will be there. Bring the whole crew.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 10:22pm
does anybody have any idea of a head count? when we were at benjamin pond I thought it was just me Tim Joe and Eric...that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. with no official green lake this year, are we knocking on the door of eclipsing the largest CCFan event of the summer?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 10:49pm
Well-- CCFans bring some extra cash.. I'll take orders for CC Spare Tire Covers, Guide Pole Covers, etc... I'll bring some CCFan.com decals 2 for $5-or-5 for $10.

I'll bring the Skylark down on Friday morning sometime. I'll leave it there for anyone wanting to take it for a Spin    I have to get back home Friday before 5 pm. My sisters and I are throwing my Dad his 80th BDay Party on Saturday the 6th at Noon. I told them anyday but that day-- but they scheduled it anyways. So I'll leave the party by 3 pm on Saturday then, Karen,Stephanie,and I will be back down by 4 or 5 pm hopefully.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

with no official green lake this year, are we knocking on the door of eclipsing the largest CCFan event of the summer?

Nice try Adam Competition for largest CCF summer event is closed,it's fall
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 12:44am
Marty -

I'll watch the Skylark for ya since we are boatless on this run. Can you bring my CCFan Banner down? I'm gonna pass your place around 11...sounds like I may have missed you in W-S.... either way we'll get everything swapped!

Look forward to it.....
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:15am
I should arrive b/w 2 and 3 today. If anyone needs me to pick up anything on the way in, call or text me. 803-466-2808 I look forward to meeting everyone.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:20am
by my count

Jmurph, +4
Tim
Tim
Tim
Mike and Gail
Matt and Lynette
Eric
Adam
Jackie
Don
Marty +2
Joe+1
Steve Karras+1 (air206)
Steve Watkins+?
John Huff (foot fungus)
Larry?
Kytom
Wayne (dwouncmd)+ a few?

Then the locals

Reid
John?
Jerry?
Curtis?
Eddie?

Certainly we can all fit on reids dock at once, but we are probably going to need to take more than one boat out.

Boat and car are packed and pointing in right direction out of the parking lot at work, a half day of work and 714 miles and Ill see ya there.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 8:28pm
on the road, a little later than I hoped, hopefully the welcome wagon will still be out when I roll in
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:59pm
ok wifey and I should be there around 10-11ish tomorrow. I'll be the one on the dock with my thumb out and my leg hiked up If anyone wants me to bring anything let me know; sunscreen, beer, food, etc.
'94SN Restoration underway...
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 12:59am
Since Tim (Morfoot) has apparently arrived way early with his great camera, about time we started seeing some photos, eh?

Any further talk about a Lanier thing next week?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 1:22am
I just got back home from Reid's. I live a short boat ride across the lake from his home.

My daughter ( Natalie 11) and I arrived about 6:30 PM. She loved playing dock ball with Boatie, Skipper, Winston and Emile ( All Dogs). Shortly after I arrived, Steve W. and Steve K, Gail H and Vale K. had just gotten back from Footing and Air Chairing. Steve W. rode the chair for the first time. They shared some great cell phone video of them footing off of the boom of Steve W's boat.

As I was leaving tonight at about 9:30, the crew of ten were heading out for Dinner. They were headed to a nearby watering hole of Reid's. It was time to get my little girl home so we took the short boat ride back across Lake Norman. Folks had been hanging out on the dock and enjoying each other's company. A great time was had among friends.

Tommorrow should be a blast. The weather is great and temps will be in the mid 80's. Sunday will be cooler with highs in the upper 60's. The lake is still warm enough to have fun.

Thanks to Reid, Laurie, Boatie, and Skipper for being such great hosts.

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 1:41am
Hey Don,did Marty and his new Cypress Gardens trailer show up yet
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 2:56am
Hey guys......just to add what Donald has already added. Things area going great up here at Reid's. Not a whole lot of skiing going on today as most of the day was spent just hanging out with CCFans. Trip to the BBC to bring back a few boats to play in this weekend, stopping by Ray City Marine to check a few things and get a chance to climb all over a G-23, then off to advance auto for a new battery for 'Miss Scarlett '. She needed to be jumped started when Mike, Gail, Reid and I went across the lake for breakfast. So didnt get out n the water til almost 4. Not a whole lot of skiing just yet as as we were shuffling boats round etc. Did get Eric Svensons new old boat 'Ole Raunchy' in the water but had to tinker with it a bit to get it running rite. Tomorrow's activities will be for favorable for pics....don't u worry.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 2:57am
Hey guys......just to add what Donald has already added. Things area going great up here at Reid's. Not a whole lot of skiing going on today as most of the day was spent just hanging out with CCFans. Trip to the BBC to bring back a few boats to play in this weekend, stopping by Ray City Marine to check a few things and get a chance to climb all over a G-23, then off to advance auto for a new battery for 'Miss Scarlett '. She needed to be jumped started when Mike, Gail, Reid and I went across the lake for breakfast. So didnt get out n the water til almost 4. Not a whole lot of skiing just yet as as we were shuffling boats round etc. Did get Eric Svensons new old boat 'Ole Raunchy' in the water but had to tinker with it a bit to get it running rite. Tomorrow's activities will be for favorable for pics....don't u worry.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 6:41am
it takes a special kind of sickness to think its a good idea after driving 7, 8, 10, or even 15 hours to break out a voltmeter and some flashlights at 3am and start tinkering with the electrical system on a 40 year old boat...and yet somehow there were 6 of us there...get in where you fit in I guess
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 6:49am
That boats 40 years old...holy crap. Never thought about that until you just said it Adam. Well now that its almost 4am and we figured out we need to put a new keyswitch in my new 72skier. I'm going to bed. Should be 2-3 hours from now that we hear the first boat fire up from the dock. You're all a bunch of sick individuals
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 11:48am
Ok we're getting outta here in about 30 minutes, should be up there right at 11:30-noon. If anyone needs anything swatkins has my cell. I'm bringin up the gopro wanna be waterproof video camera so let the face plants begin!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 12:16pm
I'm sick, hacking up the green stuff. I called Reid yesterday and told him I wasn't coming, I don't know if he could understand the message since it sounds like I've got a frog in my throat. My freaking luck.
Tim D
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 12:20pm
Still IN British Columbia for another 3 weeks - hate to miss this one that is so close to home
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Hey Don,did Marty and his new Cypress Gardens trailer show up yet

Gary,

Yes, Marty's Boat and Trailer were here, but Marty had to go home early. We posted armed guards on the guides all night. The Pope Family (d*ck Sr, and d*ck Jr.) were calling all night asking for their Cyprus Gardens Guides Back. They have my number since my boat was purchased from their exculsive family collection.

Wish you were here. Getting ready to head back over in a minute.

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 12:38pm
Donald,
You know how the Skylark works and cranks--- It's just like a Muscle Car sometimes-- you have to really pump on that gas to get her all revved up:) Make sure Steve Karras is alright with it-- Tell him not to Baby it . Even though she's 46 years old- she still likes it rough
I didn't put but 8 gallons of gas in it- So keep an eye on that till I get back down there around 4 pm-ish. Gotta throw my Dad his 80th BDay Party, then we'll be down.
Get some pics of the CCFans in her- remind Steve to get pics too!
Play pretty today and see ya later.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

They have my number since my boat was purchased from their exculsive family collection.

Wish you were here. Getting ready to head back over in a minute.

Donald

Me too Don,it's 34 here way too early
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 12:05am
Another day comes to a close. Too much to post.

Summing it up: FUN!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 12:19am
Had a blast meeting and hanging out with everyone. Made me and the wife feel right at home! Special thanks to Reid for putting this on. Wanted to stay later but our dogs are worse than teenagers if we leave them in the house along for more than 8 hours...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic