NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Antique Wood Ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antique Wood Ski
    Posted: October-02-2012 at 6:17pm
Selling an antique water ski, great for a boat dock or basement decor. Make offer.......

Thanks

1983 Ski Nautique
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 6:40pm
Don't want to burst your bubble but you might want to go to E-bay and search wood waterski. Their are a number of real nice wood skis for half your asking price. Just trying to help.
I picked up a little monster recently for $75. those and the Maha'a bring premium $$$$$..
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 6:56pm
Not bursting my bubble at all had no idea where to start......I appreciate the help and info.
1983 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:04pm
Whew! Glad I did not start a flame out!
You could also lightly sand it and clear coat it and make a shelve out of it. I have one in the wash room here at the shop.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:08pm
Thats a nice idea .......
1983 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:53pm
BUT WAIT, it's got a Catamaran bottom!!!

In reality that would probably either make someone a nice step off ski....or a shot ski!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 11:16pm
Did I hear SHOT SKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 12:17am
Jody,
What are the old Maha's worth? What about the old O'Briens? Have you ever seen a Rail?
I always looked forward to getting a new O'Brien because they were so pretty. You never new what kind of look you were going to get.
83Ski
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:20am
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

Jody,
Have you ever seen a Rail?

My Dad's last slalom ski was a custom Rail, it is still in it's home, the 63 Ski Nautique. It is there resting with two Joe Cash Slalom ski's, my Mom's and the one my Dad bought her to replace it when it developed a split. She never liked the new one though, so we repaired the old one. I learned to slalom on the Joe Cash. One of these days I am going to break them both out and give them a ride...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:25am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

One of these days I am going to break them both out and give them a ride...

Or at least a picture or two for the rest of us Steve
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:42am
Ok, Ok Gary, this is the only picture I have, or at least that I know about. My Mom would kill me if she knew I posted this, that is Mom, me and my little brother. You can also see the stern of the 63 Nautique. Picture was taken on the Mississippi, just south of the Dubuque Lock & Dam on the east side (backwaters) of 2 mile island.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 9:47am
Currently in my wood ski inventory are a Lil Monster that I built a skateboard (very nice and cool) a Cypress Gardens un shaped trick blank that I got from Tricky Ricky. Two Western Wood Mike Syderhoud slalom skis one of which my dad bought me in the early 70's. Two el Diablo's, a pair of Cypress Gardens Ramp masters, and about a half a dozen misc mahogany pairs. A Australian made wood concave slalom.
DonT have a Maha but it is on my hit list. I have seen them go for as little as $75.00 and as much as $600.00.

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Currently in my wood ski inventory are a Lil Monster that I built a skateboard (very nice and cool) a Cypress Gardens un shaped trick blank that I got from Tricky Ricky. Two Western Wood Mike Syderhoud slalom skis one of which my dad bought me in the early 70's. Two el Diablo's, a pair of Cypress Gardens Ramp masters, and about a half a dozen misc mahogany pairs. A Australian made wood concave slalom.
DonT have a Maha but it is on my hit list. I have seen them go for as little as $75.00 and as much as $600.00.

Nice. I added about 15 gems to my collection the other day that some friends gave me who were moving. Have to get some pics.

Tim
Tubing Sucks.
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 5:16pm
Sorry for the thread jack but this is dragging out some old memories. My first real slalom ski was a Northland, red flat bottom, with an clear oak looking top with (2) 3/4" mahogany strips running lengthwise. Bought it used for $20 from the original owner of TRBenj's '71 Skier. It's still in new condition (replaced the bindings)and gets used a few times a year. It got lots of time behind a '68 blue mustang.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Nice. I added about 15 gems to my collection the other day that some friends gave me who were moving. Have to get some pics.

Tim

Can we make a chair out of them?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Got Tiques Got Tiques wrote:

Sorry for the thread jack but this is dragging out some old memories. My first real slalom ski was a Northland, red flat bottom, with an clear oak looking top with (2) 3/4" mahogany strips running lengthwise. Bought it used for $20 from the original owner of TRBenj's '71 Skier. It's still in new condition (replaced the bindings)and gets used a few times a year. It got lots of time behind a '68 blue mustang.

"Northland Custom Slalom" I bought myself the exact same ski in about 1968. $50 new maybe, I don't recall exactly. I pretty well trashed then lost mine in the 80s. My brother still has his in virtually new condition.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 10:27pm

If I cut up my wife's Westernwood, she would divorce me!!! I did ask one time in jest!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:19pm
Its a shame you cut up the alapulcos. Those are great skis.
Tubing Sucks.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Ok, Ok Gary, this is the only picture I have, or at least that I know about. My Mom would kill me if she knew I posted this, that is Mom, me and my little brother. You can also see the stern of the 63 Nautique. Picture was taken on the Mississippi, just south of the Dubuque Lock & Dam on the east side (backwaters) of 2 mile island.

Cool picture Steve,those were the days eh?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:03am

Let go tim! They are old wook skis you arent going to use them. Pretty soon you will be too old to ski anyway, think how nice that chair will be then.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Let go tim! They are old wook skis you arent going to use them. Pretty soon you will be too old to ski anyway, think how nice that chair will be then.

Hah....

Actually I'm saving skis for a ski wall..... maybe will save enough to build a small house ;)
Tubing Sucks.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:06am
well you are going to need chairs in that house.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:43am
Anyone got opinions on this ski, it was given to me by the owner of the white lake motel last april when we were there, someone had left it behind years ago.

Not exactly pristine, but I can get it skiable with a little epoxy.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 1:18pm
Fix it, I want to ski on it. Maharajas are worth some bucks.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 2:01pm
Cool old Maha. BUT, the bindings are from an old Taperflex.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2012 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Cool old Maha. BUT, the bindings are from an old Taperflex.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-MAHERAJAH-69-WOODEN-COMPETITIVE-SLALOM-WATER-SKI-WITH-ORIGINAL-CASE-/221132370542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337c84326e
A nice one will bring the bucks!

Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2012 at 1:46pm
Just got the Trainer skis from the dump yesterday. I'm going to sand them down a paint for my nephews next season. the other skis are a Le Diablo (Little Devil), a Lil Moster, and pair of trick skis I pulled out of the woods.

rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 4:17pm
Iam sure somebody need this..........
1983 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 4:43pm
I gave the other half to the pair I had away to be turned into a shelf. They gave me a case of beer for it. I got the better end of the deal. Same ski. It has no monetary value.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic