NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rare birds for car lovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2012 at 8:22pm
This was the best we could do in Australia with the Mopar power. The Valiant Charger E49 specially built for our Bathurst 1000 race. They were a great looking car and they also ran a catchy advertising program when first released.

My older brother had a mustard colour 265 which he modified quite a bit and it was a beast. (13.8 quarter mile car)

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2012 at 1:22am
Not as prestigious as some of these early mopars but here's my 72 Duster about 30 years ago. 12.5 Cr and dual quads on a tunnel ram. Lot's of fun on a friday night. beers, babes and street racing.
Man we thought we were on top of the world at 21.

I have picture somewhere of a 69 Roadrunner after it flipped at 90 mph. It was a brand new restoration and the first night out it rolled in a street race. I wrecked mine shortly after that picture, realized we were all on borrowed time so not too long after that we all sold our hot rods and bought ski boats and here we are.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 6:54pm
All this Mopar Talk- got me to thinking...... So I went in Storage and found what I was thinking about    And then the funny thing about it- Monday night the American Pickers bought the same item I have

Do any of you young-ins know what this is ?????

Also here is what one of the customers I used to deliver to while at CarQuest builds...

Retro Rides by Rich Oakley
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 7:11pm
The Ausie Chargers were the inline 6 Hemi! You see one every few years at the Mopar nationals.

Alan, that is a pretty Duster. Blue, white stripe, white interior!
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 7:26pm
My Sunday evening ride.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 7:31pm
Funny this Richard Petty stuff came up. I have a pit board that was given to me by an engine builder I know. He sponsored and built engines for many race car teams. He told me this is a pit board used by Richard Petty back in the days before telemetry. Although I am not a NASCAR fan I hung it in my garage as a decoration. It is hand painted and obviously used.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

My Sunday evening ride.

A Ford guy would say that Camaro is parked in an appropriate parking space. Me, I like them all! Beautiful car.

frydaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frydaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 7:50pm
Here is my Bird...
Frydaddy
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 7:54pm

Do any of you young-ins know what this is ?????

Marty, you talkin' about the car....or the vinyl record?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Marty, you talkin' about the car....or the vinyl record?

No Jim I'm thinking Richard Petty without a hat!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 8:59pm
Gary, you are right...and no glasses too!
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 4:15pm

Here is the picture I couldn't find before. A couple roadrunners and a 340 Duster. The white Roadrunner in the center has a black convertible top. This barn is right next to the barn that houses the black Roadrunner, yellow Superbird and red GTX pictured earlier in the thread.

David
86 Martinique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 4:22pm
That collection will make for some very happy collectors when the estate is settled someday.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2012 at 5:01pm
Please Please take me there....

That roadrunner on the left is one of the most ugly Mopars ever built.
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 7:07pm
Something been put together for all the Holman Moody Guys......it would look great pulling your HM boat, the wife won't mind you have a few weeks with shipping to talk her round....its only 20 miles away from me.

1964 Galaxie 500
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 7:49pm
Back in 05, I was at the Barrett Jackson Auction in AZ. There was a purple Hemi Super Bird there and it Sold for $425,000 . Love me some old Mopars.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 8:26pm
If I didn't already have the 1965 Fred Lorenzen Holman Moody car in my driveway I may have been interested.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 8:31pm
Great looking Ford. I'm not a big NSCAR fan, but have watched races occationally since the '60s. When did NASCAR go from using stock production cars to to custom race cars like they use today?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 8:56pm
I am not a NASCAR fan either, but I believe the answer to your question is Fred Lorenzen's 1965 Ford Galaxie was the last "stock" car raced in NASCAR. He won the 1965 Daytona 500 in it. The research I have done indicates that Fred was practicing for the 65 Daytona and crashed his car with no back up available. Holman & Moody bought a 1965 Ford Galaxie from a Ford dealership near Daytona and their builders, Sully (Sullivan) & McCall stripped it and built it into the race car he won with. For some time prior to this racing teams bought "rollers" from the manufacturers to build into race cars.
Why would I bother to research this? Several reasons. I believe Fred Lorenzen was the first driver from the north to win Daytona, and he lived in Elmhurst Illinois, the town adjacent to mine. My first car was also a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500XL 427 side oiler (obviously not a Holman Moody engine) 4 speed convertible. I got it when I was 15 and learned to drive in that and a 64 Beetle. I feel like my H/M Mustang was destined to find me since I was aware of some of the racing heritage and had owned a car similar to some they built.
I am sure there are some followers out there with real NASCAR history knowledge and I would appreciate it if they would correct me on any errors in my research.
I have posted some of this story before. Here is the only photo I can find of my 65 Galaxie. It is pretty clear when it was taken by the McGovern Shriver bumper on my friend's MGB.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 7:19pm
Oh, I forgot to mention, my #28 is the compact model. It fits my budget.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 11:05pm
There was something about that picture, but the car looked great anyway. You're a good modeler if you built it.

That '67 wood be a nice car to have today. I worked for a guy that had a Fairlane with a 427 in it and he claimed it would light the tires up in 4th at 35 mph just by putting it to the floor.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 11:20pm
I am much better at clicking the "buy it now" button than modeling. It is a Racing Legends die cast model and it drove up in a brown delivery truck. I guess someone didn't like the photos as they have disappeared. I was hoping someone would get a laugh out of them.

A didn't know a Fairlane could be ordered with a 427. Holman Moody built one and it was auctioned off a while back.
Holman Moody Fairlane

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I guess someone didn't like the photos as they have disappeared. I was hoping someone would get a laugh out of them.

I dont think anyone would have removed them John. Either the site's photo hosting is being glitchy or you accidentally deleted them yourself, Im guessing?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2013 at 10:39pm
This engine is a 413 that is in a 63 Chrysler. Pretty wild intake.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2013 at 11:05pm
Name These Mopars .......

66 Skylark
93 SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2013 at 11:26pm
I think I know what the one closest to the camera is--

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2013 at 11:28pm
Green one in the bottom picture looks like one of these.

My old 70 AAR after it was restored in 04, 2 build sheets under the back seat, neither one belonging to my car.

Top picture is a 71 Cuda Convert, bottom is 70 AAR cuda, Black one is a 71 Cuda (never could figure out which cars got those front fender louvers and which didn't), next green one looks like another 70 cuda - weren't the elastomeric bumpers 70, and 71 only?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 11:02pm
Check out this CAR SHOP

This place is in Hickory, North Carolina. It's near the old North Wilkesboro Speedway.

Almost every car imaginable. It's kinda like a consignment shop. You can put your car in there for Sale or Show.
66 Skylark
93 SN
quik225 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quik225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 10:12am
No Bird for me, I have a Fish!

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 10:13am
Nice AAR Mark. My personal favorite cuda of all time is a red on red on black top 70 AAR. Something about cars with matching interiors gets me all warm and fuzzy especially if it's B5 blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic