Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pinstripe source

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pinstripe source
    Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:27pm
I recently read a thread which had links to sources for pin striping materials. I have searched this site alot for the thread with no luck. The business had a wide variety of colors and great prices. Can someone point me to the link? I do remember there were 2 mabey 3 pin stripe businesses/links listed in the thread.
Thanks.......Tom
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:46pm
Tom, Here is the website where I got the pinstriping for my truck when I repainted it to match the boat a few years ago. The pinstriping matched EXACTLY in color and size (1/2" & 1/4") so the left over stuff I have will be used on the boat as needed.

Boat Pinstriping

Here's my rig:

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:53pm
These guys will make it for you, but the setup charges kill you for a single roll purchase.

Multi-Line Pinstripes
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 10:18pm
Tom I can get you anything you want but nobody makes a double stripe as one piece with the correct pin stripe sizes.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 10:19pm
Morfoot I will look into carrying their products.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 10:22pm
Morfoot, I will look into carrying their product tomorrow.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 2:22am
Thanks, I was hoping I could buy a roll with both the 1/2" and 1/4" together for easy of application. So I guess everyone is doing 2 individual steps.....One with the 1/2" tape and then apply the 1/4". Is that correct?
Thanks.......Tom
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 9:20am
You can buy the single roll with both sizes on it in any of their standard colors at the place I posted above. They will make you a roll with a 1/2" stripe, 1/4" gap and 1/4" stripe. You can get both stripes the same color, or they can be different, but they charge a 65 dollar setup fee, and it gets pricey for a single roll, if it was spread out over 10 or so rolls it wouldn't be to bad.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 9:24am
Sounds good Zach...... Tom, Yes I applied the 1/2" stripe first using the straight line of the color change one the truck. I then cut several pieces of the 1/4" about an 1" long, butted them on top of the 1/2" spaced them down the side of the truck to use as spacers for the second stripe. My neighbor (jcamp72) helped me apply the second stripe as I started on the front and ran the 1/2 the length of the truck and he stuck the stripe to the vehicle. It worked better then I thought and wasn't that difficult.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 11:06am
Oops Tim, I misread your post and thought you said they come as a double stripe.

Mark, what kind of money are we talking on the setup? I would like to stock something that would help people.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 1:49pm
So my last resort is a 2 step process for pin stripes unless we find 2 stripe tape or I pay the set up fee:( I do not need the tape for a couple of weeks...in the mean time I will keep looking.
Note: NautiqueParts.com has the double tape in Black and White but no Medium gray. Thanks Guys..
Thanks.......Tom
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 2:01pm
Tom, Medium grey 1/4 inch 150' roll $ 13.40 the 1/2 goes up a bit at $26.20. They only sell the more common colors in the 150' rolls. Those prices are before the CCF.com 10% discount.
newscotty2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newscotty2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 2:32pm
I started a previous thread on this ('89 Pinstriping). I am also still looking for the med gray with the 1/4" and 1/2" on the same roll. Let me know if there is a group buy or if someone finds it elsewhere. Thanks.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 3:16pm
They say theres a 65 dollar charge on top of the roll prices, so a single roll of 1/2" and 1/4" with a 1/4" gap in their premium pinstriping material ends up costing around 120 bucks for a 150 foot roll, ($65 setup, $23 for 1/4", $29 for 1/2") and probably around 95 for their standard material (65 setup, 13 for 1/4", 15 for 1/2"). their standard vinyl is a 5 year outdoor life, premium is 7 year life. They come backed to maintain the spacing, you stick them on and then remove the backing from the tape after its positioned so the gap is maintained.

Of course if someone orders 10 rolls (or 50 rolls) theres only one setup fee so it becomes more affordable. Maybe they will setup a commercial account with someone who can gaurantee some minimum order amount over a year.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 4:03pm
I will try to get in touch with them. I like the idea of the stuff being backed and not laid on clear vinyl to maintain the spacing.

All depends on $$$$.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 6:09pm
$65 bucks is way worth the headache of applying two thin stripes horizontal to one another IMO.....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 6:58pm
I'm good for a roll of the gray if someone orders some, just 4 or 5 rolls would make the price reasonable enough.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 7:12pm
Im thinking the same. I don't trust myself to get one straight let alone two. How much is Nautique parts getting for the black and white.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newscotty2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 7:54pm
$45 for 150' http://www.nautiqueparts.com/accenttapepinstripe-doublepinstripe12x14-black.aspx
Count me in for a roll of gray (or graphite/charcoal)if we can get it.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 8:20pm
Thanks. I would bet they had runs done from that company. Seems to be the only one willing to do doubles that large. The annoying thing is that Universal Products(who I get stripes from) Made the originals. I still have the UP part number but they won't make them...
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 4:30am
I like the Gray-Pewter-gunmetal look. Or something in that color range. Also agree with the comment about getting 1 stripe straight much less 4. 2 striptape is what we want....I am in for a med gray.
Thanks.......Tom
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 1:20pm
Just got in touch with Multi Line Stripes. They are working prices for an order of 10 150' rolls. Color does not change pricing so anyone can shoot me colors and I hope we can get the pricing down and I will make a little and save you a little. They initially didnt want to do any discounts on quantity pricing but I will see what I can work with them.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 2:45pm
Omit that last post I deleted if anyone saw it.

Heres the skinny. If I order 10 of these roles (group buy pricing) don't actually need to sell all 10 rolls right now but if I can help anyone out I could get these to you for $78 a piece + shipping in any color you so desire. 150' rolls with proper spacing and tape sizes.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 4:00pm
Heres their colors incase anyone is interested.

Pinstripe colors

Heres an image of them as well:

I'm assuming that this is in their standard colors? I'm good for a roll of light blue tape. (both stripes)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 4:49pm
Which grade did you spec for that price?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 5:12pm
Standard for that price I believe. I will probably get a roll for myself as well.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newscotty2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 6:37pm
Zach,

Thanks for doing the research on this. I could live with gray, dark gray, med gray (only available in the premium), or even silver.

FYI: At least on my '89, I know the original pinstripe is supposed to match the thinner accent stripe on the seats/upohlstry. Mine is a darker gray or graphite color.

Anything close would be great. Like I said before, I will definately take a roll if you go forward with this. Thanks again
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 7:18pm
Awesome Scott. They made me an "ok" deal but heck if I can save everyone 17 bucks and get a roll myself it must be worth it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:53pm
OK, I'm just about done with my engine teardown and I'm going to need something to keep me busy while I'm waiting on parts.   Who all wants some stripes?   I've already let Zach know what non original colors I want and some other people have done the same. Tell him what you want so we can get this going.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 10:36pm
I need tape for the Footer .... but I'm not bending the trend...staying with black, so I am out.

Althought silver sparkle like on the Air sure would look good.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic