NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sport Nautique Guard Rail

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
watercraft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport Nautique Guard Rail
    Posted: February-05-2013 at 2:14pm
Sport Nautique guard rail - pull up bar. New old stock, fits 92 and 93 Sports. Marked with part # 1825. A little scuffed from storage, but still in nice shape.   Would like to get $70 for this guy

Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 2:47am
hmm would this fit a 94, been looking for a replacement for a few months.
'94SN Restoration underway...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 12:54pm
very possibly, i indicated 92-93 because it is written on the parts tag.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 1:04pm
Dont forget that CC curved the transom pretty significantly for '94, whereas 90-93 was pretty flat. I suspect that grab handle might not interchange without modification.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 1:17pm
I'm still learning a lot about the 90's models. This says specifically 92-93 SN, so if yours has the rounded back, it is a safe bet that it wouldn't fit. I thought that design change came later. Thanks for the info!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 2:16pm
94-96 SN's got a gradual curve on the transom (and elsewhere on the deck), whereas the 90-93 boats were flatter and had harder creased edges.

1990:

1995:

Not to be confused with the bubble but TSC SN's (1997-2001).

Of course, this may be a moot point if the rail in question is for a Sport as you indicated in the thread title, as all 93-97 Sports should be the same (also a rounded transom like the 94-96 Ski's). Id be surprised if the same part could be used on the 89-92 Sports though, as those transoms were flat like the 90-93 Ski's. Then again, maybe the transom curve is gradual enough that it may fit all of the above?    Pretty sure they didnt start putting them on boats until '91 or '92.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:45am
So Time you're saying that if that handle is for a 92-93 sport it should fit my regular 94 SN?

If thats the case I'm interested depending if you're firm on $70 or not.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 12:40pm
This unit looks like the center post is mounted a little behind the 2 sides, like if i mounted it to a flat surface, the center post would not mount flush.
As far as the $70, make an offer. I also will not stick you with a part that doesn't fit. If you find for some reason it doesn't mount up I have no issue with refunding your costs.
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:08pm
They also look great with the powdercoat removed and the stainless polished out!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
N2Deep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2Deep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 12:12am
If he doesn't take it I will take it - It should fit my 91SN- it didn't come with one but have wanted to add it. Just waiting for one to pop up.

Thanks,
Craig
1991 SN pulled by a 2010 Tundra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 1:13am
have at it n2...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic