Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutlass Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
flipflop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutlass Replacement
    Posted: March-30-2013 at 10:28pm
I decided to replace the cutlass bearing because I had some down time and windy weather. Boat is a 99 SAN with ~700 hours. The prop shaft had visible up and down movement with an audible clunk in the strut. I attached a picture of the old one. The bushing on the right was in the front and noticeably worn. You can see where there were a few pieces missing around the circumference. The rear, one on the left, didn't seem too worn.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by flipflop flipflop wrote:

The bushing on the right was in the front and noticeably worn. The rear, one on the left, didn't seem too worn.

James,
You have an alignment problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 11:50pm
The good news is the vdrive is pretty easy to take off now that your this far along. It's about 6 bolts and it slides right off, if you have something to lift it with there is a place to attach a ring on top, it weighs about 80 or 90 lbs I would guess from carrying mine around.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic