NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Combing Pad Change Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combing Pad Change Suggestions
    Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:38pm
Wood is rotted on the current ones(namely port side) so looks like I get to try my hand at cutting new patterns. Going to use 3/8" plywood. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions on changes and/or things they wished they had of done when they did theirs. I was thinking about using a minwax sealer or something similar to keep these from sucking up water. With the boom off the side you can definitely tell the port side gets a lot of spray/splash action. Looked at going composite, but geez its pricey. Was also going to reinforce the speaker area with a ring of 3/8" for mounting strength. For actual pad to gunnel mounting I was thinking some small carraige bolts???
'94SN Restoration underway...
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:49pm
You could do the inserts that go in the back side and are thredded. Then get bolts or screws with lock washers to exact size so that it doesnt protrude into the foam/vinyl.

I used bolts just pushed into the wood on the rear but I had to use those inserts on the armrest part because it had to slide into place so bolts sticking down would not work.

I used that same treated Ply.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 9:46pm
CPES the ply. No on the Minwax sealer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic