Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England CorrectCraftfan.com Reunion!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 22>
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2006 at 9:58am
Hey guys,finally got my power back after that crazy wind on friday.Anyway,I wondered about the whole"public beach"thing on mousam.The marina may work,but it's hard to tell how many slips he will have rented from year to year,so dock space may be an issue.I'm not overly familiar with Milton 3 Ponds,but I did fish a bass tournament there last year.We launched at the public beach and it was ok at 6am,but it got really hectic after the tournament because the beach was open.I believe the beach opens at 9 am and you have to pay to launch(not sure).You can pull boats up on the shore by the launch,but I remember it being gravel,not sand,and it gets really crowded.Craig Warner keeps a boat at the marina on Northeast Pond and may have some pull there.Looks like we may be experiencing first hand why he is recommending a dry event.Sorry for the long post,just stuff that keeps coming to mind.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2006 at 3:35pm
What about having a dry event, like Craig suggested, at his place in Rochester.

If Craig could put a couple of his boats in the marina at 3 ponds, like he does for his demo days, folks could take turns driving over and take a spin behind one of his boats.

Maybe Craig could even sell a boat or two. (Not that sales should be the focus of the event, but if Craig could benefit from this... More power to him.)

Just thinking out loud...

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 8:59am
Ideally, the two-day event would be the best solution. I'm going to track down Craig this week. He should be at the boat show in Boston.

There's also the lake in Milton, NH. I know we all prefer a sandy spot to pull our boats on. The gravel isn't too fiberglass friendly.

I'll speak to Craig and get back to you all. He might be able to shead some more light for us. Keep the ideas coming!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 2:26pm
My tow vehicle, boat and backyard. I miss Summer! Ken

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 2:36pm
Picture of my 1980 Nautique. I owned it from 1996 - 2002. Great boat!

Ken

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 6:37pm
    I think as far as NECC goes, it will probably be a dry run, unless they have a place that we dont know about. After that, it would be cool for those who wanted to drop their boat in and go for cruise. I still dream of the idea of having a CC convoy of all of us, turning some serious heads with the noise and the looks!! Waiting and seeing what NECC does is a good thing.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 6:49pm
   Here is a link to Mousams "hot Dog Lady" at the public beach. Maybe too many "accessories" as Jbear calls it!?

HOT DOG LADY AT MOUSAM
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 8:21pm
Thanks Jeff. I was wondering what the heck you guys were talkin' about with the Hot Dog Lady stuff. She could seel dogs on my block anytime.

You are getting good with this link stuff now aren't ya?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 8:43pm
Looks like she's been eating up her profits
Life is Good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 7:03am
I'll take a hot dog lady over a sausage man, even if she's eating the profits.

I'll be at the boat show in Boston on Thursday, 5:00. I'll speak to the folks at NECC then.

Counting the days until spring!

Ken
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 9:19am
Ken; Love the old '80. Must've been hard to part with unless you needed the room. I'd be hard pressed to part with mine.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 10:11am
John,

I wanted to keep the '80 and purchase my '86 too. My wife didn't see it my way. The '80 treated me well. I did the basic tune-ups over the years. It started the first time, everytime!! It didn't burn oil or skip a beat. It pulled me barefoot with four people in the boat w/o straining. Topped out at 42 MPH on police radar. Out-accelerated my friends '82, 2001 SN.

It had two solid stripes on the side, which is unusual for a '80. I'll e-mail more pictures to this thread. Oh, I bought it from a friend in 1996 for $5,500 and sold it in 2002 for $5,700. I miss it!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 10:14am
FYI, the reason I sold my '80 was to seat more people. I didn't have a rear seat. The '86 has a little more room and thicker seats.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 10:32am
The only minor complaint about my '80 was the rooster tail from 28-33 MPH. What a monster. Made skiing a challenge. Goose it to 38-40 and it leveled out. Not a good speed for slalom.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 8:06pm
Ken; When those boats were new, we really had no idea what could be done for the wake. Now-a-days of course its a different story. My last boat was a '03 206 open bow. Great boat, lots of room, great performance, lots of storage, lots of seats, blah blah, blah. When I started it no one looked. With the '80 all I gotta do is pull onto the ramp and I draw a crowd. Not to mention when I start her up (no mufflers). Of course I'm 55 and talk about what a good skier I used to be more than ski hard. So I quess it is all in what you are looking for. Wow, long post for me. Sorry.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 8:14pm
      Jbear, No ski show, no mufflers are the way to go!!! Should see how loud the log manifolds are on the 74 M17 with the Chevy 307!!! Its 50% louder than my 310hp 350 with the PCM manifolds!!! Its so loud, you cant talk at all in the back seat!! Dont run it much late at night cause the lakers will get mad!! Some day Jbear, some day!!!
                             Jeff...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 6:08am
Originally posted by JEFF KOSTIS JEFF KOSTIS wrote:

I think as far as NECC goes, it will probably be a dry run, unless they have a place that we dont know about. After that, it would be cool for those who wanted to drop their boat in and go for cruise. I still dream of the idea of having a CC convoy of all of us, turning some serious heads with the noise and the looks!! Waiting and seeing what NECC does is a good thing.

I spoke with Craig (NECC) at the boat show yesterday. He expressed interest in our event, but doesnt have the time to help with the major planning, which is understandable.

My opinion is that a mostly dry event would be much easier to coordinate. Of course, having the event near the water would still make it possible to go for a cruise afterwards!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 1:33pm
We can begin our event with our friends at NECC. We can make it simple at first. We'll all meet, check each others boats out, have a great BBQ, etc. Towards the end of our day, we can depart to the lake. We have enough light until about 8:30PM. Maybe get there around 5:00PM when parking is better. Still enough time to ski, cruise, etc.

Day two, beach, skiiing, boarding etc. is still an option here. There are reasonable hotels in the area.

July 8-9 would be great dates to lock-in. Many people are off that week too.

Craig at NECC won't have to put much effort behind the organizing. Our task is to confirm the location, dates and head-count. We can organize the food and beverages. If Craig can find us a nice area to park our boats and BBQ, that would be great. I'm sure he'll have one of his new Nautiques there.

Ken

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 9:23pm
    Was there any mention of how long NECC was going to stay for the reunion? Wondering if they are thinkin of more a morning, afternoon, or all day event for them.
    Even if they dont go for whatever reason (which I hope doesnt happen), It would still be great to continue as mentioned and just hangin out with the crew from here!!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 9:52pm
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the work to date. I say let's shoot for both a dry and in-water event. It could be a morning/afternoon or it could bridge two days. The Green Lake guys have worked in some water time and I think that will really make the event special. We can make it happen.

It looks like an option is to have the dry event is at NECC's new location off Rt. 125 in NH. That narrows down area for the lakes but there is still plenty of lakes to choose from. Let's do some more digging. If there are public beaches, we can obtain a permit through the town.

Once we have a location and date, we can start the registrations.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2006 at 10:04am
NECC's new location is very nice. Large parking lot, easy access from highway and on a main road for maximum exposure. The lake in Milton, NH is close too. We're getting closer to a decision here. Who knows, maybe somebody will trade up while we're there. Bring your checkbook!

Again, day one could start out on land and end up in the water late day. Day two can be all about the water.

Thanks for the update, Keith!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2006 at 11:42am
Ken,

You still planning on doing the boat show this PM. I hope to make it there between 6 and 6:30. Don't know if cell phones work inside the bldg or not, but try me around then (508-367-4122)and we'll try to hook up at NECCs space.

Larry

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2006 at 12:07pm
Larry,

I will be there at 5:00. I'll be there for a couple of hours. I usually hit NECC towards the end of the show. We go counter-clockwise around the building. I'll try to call you from there.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 7:11am
Larry,

Sorry I missed you at the boat show. I wrote your number down but forgot to bring it. I was in the NECC area about 20 minutes talking to Craig. He's got some great ideas for our rally. I'll e-mail you later.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 7:32am
I wandered by NECC about 1.5 hours after you, acc. to Craig. We also spoke for a while but in more general terms than get-together specifics. Let me know what you guys talked about.

Some nice boats there, huh? The tricked out boarding boats everyone (malibu, MC, Moomba-Supra, Tige, CC) had were all pretty amazing weren't they, but in my mind you still can't beat the looks or lines of the closed bow comp boat, I think Craig had the only one in the show.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 8:48am
Loved the '06 Nautique closed bow he had there. I enjoy the look of the graphics. Always been a fan of that letter font.

I'll type up a recap of my conversation with Craig. We'd like to get everyone involved, even the kids. I'm going to get Fred, NECC's service manager in a dunk tank. The kids and adults will love it. Fred's a good guy, he just came into mind when we discussed the tank. The awards and judges sounds good to.

Keep your thoughts coming Larry.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 9:53am
Summary of conversation with Craig:

We can use his parking lot at NECC.

Knows somebody who can bring the food and cook...obviously we'll each kick in.

Knows judges who can evaluate our boats for awards.

Will invite some of his vendors. NECC sells ski equipment.

Will call Correct Craft in FL to get some prizes and give-aways.

Post sign and ballons by their gate to attract locals.

Invite kids to come and participate in fun events. "dunk the service manager"

Have a engine service seminar.

Facilities are right there.

Two local hotels available

Milton Town Beach 10 miles away. Sandy beach, grills, parking, good size lake. We can have food delivered there too.

Craig's excited about our rally. Sounds like we'll all have a great time. With all that written, can each of you e-mail a "Yes" or "No" for a commitment. Keith will have an official registration soon. July 8th and 9th is what I'm shooting for.

Thanks,

Ken

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 4:00pm
Keith,

Anymore updates or input on your end?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 12:16pm
Winter just won't seem to go away. It's difficult talking about BBQ's, skiiing, fun in the sun, etc. when it's 8 degrees out, wind chill -20.

Anyway, I'd like to keep our rally topic alive. I'm going to look into hotel rates for those of you who'd like to make it a two day event. I'll go through the thread again to see who's attending. As the weather warms up and we summerize our boats, I'm sure we'll have more motivation. I would like to give Craig a head-count. This will determine whether he can get vendors to attend and show their latest products. Also, he's going to get some items from Correct Craft in FL to give away.

Thanks!

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Craig's excited about our rally. Sounds like we'll all have a great time. With all that written, can each of you e-mail a "Yes" or "No" for a commitment. Keith will have an official registration soon. July 8th and 9th is what I'm shooting for.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken, all of the events you mention sound great. Who should the email be directed to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 22>
  Share Topic