NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#2 and #3 Correct Craft trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DHart DHart wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Oh man Bruce... Those boatmates break my heart!.

My heart breaks when we load the boat and it falls off the bunks and chips/scratches the chines/ hull. Boat mate sounds like the best solution to me unless we can modify the #3!

I had the conversation with your father about this already, but I think the problem stems from the fact that you have a 3-DV, not a regular #3. One of the biggest differences is the shape of the frame, where the bunks run perfectly parallel instead of tapering together like a #3 would. That allowed the v-hull boats to sit on the 3-DV without their lifting strakes crossing a bunk (a recipe for hull damage). It took me a long time to notice the difference, which is pretty subtle unless you look closely. I think the result is a wider bunk width towards the front, which exacerbates your loading problems. A regular #3 or even a #2 would probably solve them, is my guess. An additional set of center bunks to facilitate loading might also be a solution!

Those Boatmates look nice... but nowhere near as nice as an original CC trailer thats been properly restored. Your 3-dv is beautiful.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 11:37pm
Sorry guys,
Which boat isn't fitting its trailer?

Thanks Tim! I'll keep following the posts!
Old school goin back to school!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2014 at 9:36am
John, their Barracuda doesn't load nicely on the 3-DV trailer that they painstakingly restored. Its partly my fault, I had seen smaller boats fit on that trailer without any problems that I was aware of at the time, and endorsed the pair. Turns out the bunks stay a bit wider than a #2 or #3 that was typically found under the cuda, which makes it difficult to load at the ramp.

Just so the info is on the current page, I'll restate:

Sale pending on the #2.

#3 still available. Assistance with delivery may be possible- doesn't hurt to ask!

Trbenj@gmail.com
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 1:26pm
I should have looked at the pictures in the brochures, but it looked like a regular #3 to me too with the exception of the blocks for height. Still, we had a good trip going over west NH to get it and came back with a smokin' hot deal on a sail boat to boot.

JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 1:44pm
Maybe that 3DV would fit nicely under a BFN..... Know anyone that has one?

Bruce, you and your family seem to be a magnet for boat deals!

Let's see... The Benjamin's have CT, NY, and MA locked up, the Harts have ME,NH and VT under control..... So that leaves the rest of us with..... ah......        RI !!! Oh Great!     LOL
Old school goin back to school!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 7:12pm
Ha, that was a smoking deal on that sailboat. It took some studying of our #4 a few years later to recognize the different frame shape- for a while I thought it was just the blocks that differentiated them as well.

The 3-DV is really meant for a 16-18' boat, it came under the Torino/Separator and the Freeport/SW 18. I bet you could squeeze a 19' BFN on one though- just move the bowstop forward a bit. I'd like to compare a 3dv and a #4 side by side, I bet they're pretty similar.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2014 at 6:22pm
Bump... sale still pending on the #2. #3 still available. Would really like to see it go soon to clear the parking space for another project.    I will make a CCFan a good deal on this trailer. Again, it will be period correct for the following years/models:

All Ski Nautiques, Martiniques, Mustang 17/American Skier (17), Wildcat/Marauder/Sportsman/Riviera (17-19'), and Barracuda through 1976. Possibly others (please ask!).

It will also physically fit Ski Nautiques as late as '89, 1982-1984 Ski Tiques and Martiniques through '78, possibly others. Basically, any 17-19' non-vee hulled Correct Craft.

TRBenj@gmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 10:24am
Sale pending on the #3!
frydaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frydaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 2:48pm
I have a Barracuda and for a while was using a DV trailer without success. There was one time I was trying to load the boat on a windy day and just could not do it. That day I got some damage in the fiberglass. Also, while trailing the boat you had to constantly look out your rearview mirrors to check to see if the boat was falling off. I have since replaced with a #3 trailer. Nightmare is over. I have attached pictures of the same boat with both trailers.
Frydaddy    
Frydaddy
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Understandable, guys. Like I said, theres an outside chance that I could shuffle trailers around and end up with an "extra" 2001 trailer... will let you know of that transpires.

Sale pending on the #2.

#3 still available! I may be able to assist with delivery... doesnt hurt to ask.

PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic