Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is this connection on my carb for?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CrazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this connection on my carb for?
    Posted: October-02-2013 at 9:09pm
Hi all.

I got my new carb for the 78, and it has a barb fitting for a vacuum line that goes into the primary body. My existing carb was from a car, and did not have this fitting.
I noticed that the Holley 4160's have a similar fitting, just that its not a barb, but a smoother vacuum line connection.
Is it just to be capped off, or does it serve a function?

Thanks

Corey.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtW3vJrMHLdqBzndt9VX3oOpBuRopGlzKq9Ea7pAO7wnTuoD8E8g
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 10:25am
It can be capped off, or you can plumb your PCV valve to it. This comes in handy if/when you want to replace your intake with a taller one, and want to eliminate your spacer in order to fit everything under the engine box. Only the newer marine 4160's have this vacuum port.
CrazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 1:01pm
Ok thanks.
My pvc valve goes to the spacer under the carb, so I will cap it.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtW3vJrMHLdqBzndt9VX3oOpBuRopGlzKq9Ea7pAO7wnTuoD8E8g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic