NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

05 - 2006 Wont Start

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 3:33pm
CQ
You are a lucky fella - Zach fits in the space behind driver seat and between engine and side of boat much better than me

What was the thought behind replacing the distributor cap?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 9:15pm
Hey now Joe did most of the swap CQ.

Greg, the dizzy caps on the 5.7s are notorious for big time corrosion. Both in automotive and marine world. They work perfectly one day then nothing the next. Easy to take a look see or just pull the coil wire and see if spark jumps from the cap to the wire.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

"the dizzy caps on the 5.7s are notorious for big time corrosion. Both in automotive and marine world. They work perfectly one day then nothing the next."

Reason # 101......... I LOVE my 6 Liter!   
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:01am
Shouldn't we all be so lucky Steve!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:29am
Ha! Lucky nothin! I PAID for that engine............ Just not paying much now.....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:30am
Hope you are feeding the beast some of this discount fuel that is available right now
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:44am
Greg:
Saw your Mustang Run Vid.... we both are enjoying cheap gas! Whoo Hoo!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 9:58am
So I'm painting the 351 today. I pulled a plug to crank it to TDC Compression #1 before I pulled the dizzy. The plugs have in the neighborhood of 7-800 hours on them and look new still. I am having a hard time telling myself I need to change them just because I am shooting paint on them. I think I will tape them off :P

Speaking of engines that never need servicing
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 10:45am
I tend to put off changing plugs that look good. Unless the porcelain breaks, they don't fail all of a sudden anyway, so change them next year. Or the year after. Or .....
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Hey now Joe did most of the swap CQ.

Greg, the dizzy caps on the 5.7s are notorious for big time corrosion. Both in automotive and marine world. They work perfectly one day then nothing the next. Easy to take a look see or just pull the coil wire and see if spark jumps from the cap to the wire.

Yes Zach it was better then a Nascar pit stop, you, Joe, Paul, Lewy + Timmy, Chris Adam and a few others wandering around, thanks to all!

Greg, like Zach said, caps are a known issue, has put me in the no start zone before also, good thing is the Automotive and Marine version are no different so that can be had at Napa.

just saw under $2 gas for the first time here this weekend, too bad my lake is ice and boats are all in hibernation.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:00pm
hey now, don't blame me, all I did was watch, I don't turn wrenches on my own boat, I can't afford to pay Zach to fix yours if I break it!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 10:24pm
Spoke with Zach - new pump on the way. UPS willing this time tomorrow I will be cursing those darn three bolts and waiting for first light on Wednesday to hit the water for the water test. Perhaps the Mustang will become the 206 tow boat.....
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 4:13pm
New pump installed, worked great in driveway (flat ground) then no go on the ramp (on an angle) - boat off the trailer and floating all is good. Cycled several times this morning and all seems fine now. Will be launching again leter and will try on the angle again and see what happens.

Zach
Thanks for the quick ship.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 4:43pm
If you hadn't cycled the pump enough to fully fill the FCC then it could very well have lead to the on the ramp difficulty. If it happens again I would consider selling it to Donald. (Or changing the lpp relay)
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 6:16pm
Just back out without issue this time. Will see what happens tomorrow at the tournament as this is the boom division tow boat
Thanks to all for suggestions / advice
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

If it happens again I would consider selling it to Donald.

I personally would not want to burden Don with troubles,might even have trouble sleeping at night
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 8:13pm
Good deal!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 1:44am

I would consider selling it to Donald. (Or changing the lpp relay)

Joe, thanks for looking out for me. However, since the boat is not 100% the sell will require a huge discount in price. Then I will bring it to White Lake 2015 and beg, once again for the second year in a row, for a team of people to help me fix it. I should be running 100% my mid summer.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

If it happens again I would consider selling it to Donald.

I personally would not want to burden Don with troubles,might even have trouble sleeping at night

Gary,

Wrenching on a FIRE SELL 206 will keep me awake a night with excitement. Greg has a half ( Split) paddle. I have a complete paddle. Heck, my family will be so happy to have it, we will just paddle around Lake Norman with it not running. We are simple people.

Happy New Year,

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic