Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lectrician89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lectrician89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prop
    Posted: June-07-2004 at 7:47pm
I have a 69 Mustang. I recently did the heads and it seems to run great. However, I can't seem to get more than 3300 rpm in the water. Could I possibly need a different prop? I don't know what I have, or what it should be. In neutral, I could redline it easily. Any suggestions?
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 8:51pm
I would suggest that you remove the prop and take it to your local prop shop. The diameter and pitch should be stamped on the prop. You may need a shallower pitch.

What engine are you running? What rated horsepower at what RPM? What is the rated torque?

Also, Michigan Wheel (www.miwheel.com, I think) has a propellor analyzer. You can give the engine spec for your boat and it's intended use and they will make a suggestion as to the pitch you need.

Good Luck
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
1969cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 10:35pm
Hi
You might want to post in the Engine repair forum. You will get more replies. Need more info as listed above. Engine, prop size. Tranny oil level,etc.
If you see light at the end of the tunnel you might be looking the wrong way

69 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic