NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Check Engine Light

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2023 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Otto Throttle Otto Throttle wrote:

Thank you, Keno! Is there a reference somewhere on the forums for the wiring diagram for my boat? 

This version of the TRB diagram is probably the closest you'll get for the engine wiring with your PMGR starter.

The wiring for the Red check engine light isn't shown, since it wasn't on his boat probably Wink

Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 11:04pm
I’m finally going to the lake this weekend… I’m going to disconnect the leed to see if the light stays off? If it does I will change out the switch. Is the switch higher than any oil in the block, or can I expect oil to leak out of the block when the switch is out?

Happy Labor Day Everyone!
Otto
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2023 at 2:00am
No oil leak when I changed mine.

D
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2023 at 9:28am
Thank you!!!!
Otto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2023 at 1:09pm
Took Lead off....no light!   Original switch has a bolt to hold the lead on...new one has a screw...Has anyone ever cleaned the switch?  I haven't taken it out yet, but was curious how it works and if it can be cleaned up?
Otto
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2023 at 4:06pm
Here's a link to a YouTube video complete with a cutaway of an oil switch.

The title says "Oil sending units explained, but he's really explaining an oil pressure switch Wink

Be nice to your boat, just replace the switch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2023 at 1:18pm
awesomeCool
Otto
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2023 at 6:45pm
After all that - Is it fixed? Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2023 at 5:26am
I think he's getting ready to start thinking about getting ready to maybe attack this switch change  Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 10:35am
I am flying  lot!   I just put the Lyman to bed...the Nautique will be 2 weeks out.  I am going to take it off and clean it to see if I can keep it all original!   

I will let you know...I will try to clean and reinstall the switch prior to pickling for the winter!
Otto
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 2:42pm
The saga continues Wink

You already have the new switch, just put it in.

That poor old "original" switch cycled itself every time you turn the engine on and off.

if your oil is cruddy enough to plug the old switch, you probably have other things to worry about

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 3:54pm
you funny!  my oil is great.  I put less than 20 hours on it every year...this year 6 and she will still get the Rotella/Mobile one treatment!

I'm trying to make this like 

Joe Dirt or Who shot
JR!!!!!
Otto
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 5:55pm
Otto!  How unsatisfying!  Going to clean the old switch... then putting the boat away?  sigh.....

Ok - So I'll give you an update on my fix:  Ski 176 drives great and Red Light off after the oil switch replaced; ready for another 25 years and hundreds of hours!  Wink Woot!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2023 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Otto Throttle Otto Throttle wrote:

I am flying  lot!   I just put the Lyman to bed...the Nautique will be 2 weeks out.  I am going to take it off and clean it to see if I can keep it all original!   

I will let you know...I will try to clean and reinstall the switch prior to pickling for the winter!

Here we are 2 plus weeks out Otto............so how'd the "cleaning" job go? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic