Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

75 SW Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2023 at 9:11am
I will try to do something different. What I do right now is copy them on that other website and paste them all once.
To do it differently I would have to probably paste and copy one at a time?
I will do anything, but I’m not sure what you mean
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2023 at 7:46pm
You can still paste them into the message box here on CCF, all at once, then put a space or even 2 spaces between the URL's

So you have the address of the first picture, then put in a space or two between each of the URLs

Instead of this 
URL
URL
URL

You end up with this
URL 

URL

URL 

and you have separation of the pictures
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2023 at 10:08am
I copy and paste them all at once. I’m not sure it gives me an option to not do that.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2023 at 10:10am
Never mind my last post I didn’t realize I had to go on page 2. I will try that next time I post pictures. Thanks for the help.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2023 at 10:03pm
Got as far as the expandable foam.
Also found a place in Washington state that grinds camshafts and I’m supposedly getting the one that I want soon.

Trying to separate the photos for you, Ken.

DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2023 at 10:04am
Framing and floor, including stringers all buttoned up. Expandable foam on the inside, and I will be putting the tabbing on the outside.
Trying to duplicate, correct craft construction all except coossa board replaced plywood.

DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2024 at 8:50am
I am currently trying to figure out what to finish the bilge with.
Need something to hide imperfections. Probably fairly viscous. Not high gloss unless it really hides imperfections.
Substrate is mostly epoxy with some original Correct Craft (gel coat?) finish showing.
Not looking for cosmetic perfection, but something nice that looks professional.
(Even though it is far from that)
Considering thickened epoxy with color added? May not smooth out?
Paint of some type? Not viscous enough?
Help!!!
I have too much time spent to have it look bad now.
I want to get out of the bilge and work on other projects. Motor build, wiring, exterior, interior, trailer.
Spring will be here before we know it.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2024 at 12:39pm
We used Jamestown distributors epoxy bilge paint. We like it a lot. Used in the tique and skier and Chad Colby used it in his bfn. All of that out of a gallon. Good stuff, more like paint than epoxy from a thickness standpoint. And it is NOT a 2 part product. We sanded our bilge to get the worst imperfections out but didn’t worry about it being perfect.

78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2024 at 9:47pm
I will look that up and possibly give it a try. I was going to use Total boat bilge paint when I saw one review the guy said it didn’t dry for a month.
Before you can’t believe everyone on the Internet. That’s why I like this forum. Everyone here seems to be very knowledgeable. Thanks very much for the reply.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2024 at 10:07pm
If you please clarify something for me, I would appreciate it. Sometimes I can be kind of dense.
I checked out the website for Jamestown, and only really found one epoxy bilge paint. It was the total boat one that I had the bad review of..
If you could clarify exactly what product you used from them, I would appreciate it. And if it was the total boat epoxy bilge, and you had no problems with it, I would love to use it.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2024 at 10:17pm
It was the Total Bilge paint. We liked it. Used it in the winter both times and my garage was approx 50-55 deg. Dried just fine.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2024 at 10:26pm
Total Boat it is.
Thanks so much!
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2024 at 4:13am
Looking good. The foaming was the only fun part.
I tried to color dye the epoxy during fiberglass work. The epoxy didn’t take the color well. Kinda pinkish dark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2024 at 9:56am
Description
TotalBoat TotalBilge premium bilge paint is ideal for those greasy, grimy, humid places on your boat exposed to the harshest conditions and the hardest wear, especially the bilge. This epoxy-based, high-performance alkyd resin marine paint is easy to apply by brushing, rolling, or spraying. It provides a long-lasting, rock-hard, glossy finish that's resistant to all the nasty things that can plague not only bilges, but engine rooms, bulkheads, chain lockers, lazarettes, and V-berth stowage areas. We're talking diesel fuel, engine oil, acids, antifreeze, grease, grime, growth, heat, humidity, and solvents. TotalBilge's hard-wearing, abrasion-resistant finish provides excellent protection against the damage and staining that can occur when chemicals, oil and sludge get absorbed into wood or fiberglass. A clean, freshly painted bilge is not just for looks - there's also a practical side. A clean bilge lets you see problems such as leaking fuel and oil, and fix them before they get worse. Besides making it easier to find problems, our white bilge paint also makes it easier to find stuff that accidentally gets dropped into the bilge, such as tools and car keys. Our TotalBilge gray bilge paint is the lightest shade of gray available. Both colors offer superior opacity for excellent coverage and ability to hide previous stains on fiberglass, primed aluminum, primed steel, and wooden boats. The durable, high-gloss finish is also easy to keep clean - just wipe away the grease and grime with a cleaning and degreasing product such as TotalBoat Eco Solvent. TotalBilge is available in Quart and Gallon sizes, in your choice of Gray or White. Compare to other bilge coat paint products such as Interlux Bilgekote, Pettit EZ Bilge Paint, and Epifanes Bilge Paint. All TotalBoat products are designed for boaters, by boaters, to provide great value and great results. 100% made in the USA.

Brand     TotalBoat
Color     Gray
Finish Type     High-Gloss
Size     32 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
Item Volume     32 Fluid Ounces
Special Feature     Chip Resistant
Unit Count     32.0 Fl Oz
Paint Type     Oil
Item Form     Liquid
Included Components     Paint

About this item
TOUGH, WATERPROOF BILGE PAINT: This marine paint resists chemicals, oils, acids, alkyds and solvents. Hard, durable epoxy coating is ideal for boat bilges, engine rooms, lazarettes, lockers, stowage areas and bulkheads
CHOOSE LIGHT GRAY OR WHITE: Paint boat bilge areas to protect and brighten so you can find & fix leaks and other problems before they become costly damage, or find items accidentally dropped into the bilge; both colors offer excellent coverage and hide
EASY TO USE: Apply 1-2 coats by brushing, rolling or spraying on prepared fiberglass, wood and metal; prime prepared metals with TotalBoat TotalProtect; for fiberglass prime with TotalProtect if desired; for wood use TotalBoat Topside Primer if desired
EASY TO KEEP CLEAN: Remove grease, oil, and grime from the high-gloss finish using a cleaner/degreaser. TotalBilge won't lift, crack, peel, or stain
CHOOSE COLOR AND SIZE: Available in White and Gray colors, in Quart and Gallon Sizes. COVERAGE: 250-300 sq ft/gal; THINNING: Brush/Roll Application - TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100; Spray Application - Xylene
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2024 at 10:42pm
https://ibb.co/S7LM7rV

I had some fun with the foam also. This”mushroom”came up through one of the holes I had cut looking for wet foam.
Some folks like it’s growing in January in Ohio!
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2024 at 10:43pm
https://ibb.co/S7LM7rV
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2024 at 10:46pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2024 at 8:07am
Oh very funny.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2024 at 3:36pm
Bilge is done. Next going to hang the boat and get the trailer out from under it   Then finish working on the hull. Would still like detailed dimensions on #4DV so I can convert my current trailer to bunks.

DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2024 at 3:41pm
I forgot to comment on the Total boat bilge paint. It is great stuff,does not take long to dry, exactly everything as stated earlier in the forum.
I would recommend that to anyone to use.
That being said, I am glad to be moving on from the bilge!!!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2024 at 5:01pm
That came out really nice!  Agree, has to be a relief to move on to prettier parts of the boat.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2024 at 8:52am
Looks great. Glad you had good results and experience like we did.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2024 at 8:56am
DenDen

I think you did some kind of magic that made all your pictures just plain vanish Wink

Edit..............it was a problem on my end that made the pictures disappear only on my computer, but it's fixed and I have the pictures again.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2024 at 9:51am
Here’s an update.
Haven’t been working on the boat too much but will get going again soon
Got the sides looking pretty nice, now on to the bottom!!!
Not looking forward to that.
Have most of the engine parts should be putting that together next week.

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2024 at 10:23am
Nice rack! For holding up the boat.   Shining the bottom side is not much fun at all.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2024 at 9:26am
Those two decals (usa, cc) at rear are awesome. Make sure to keep or get new. You need the AWSA decal also
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2024 at 5:55pm
I did a quick search for the AWSA logo and didn’t find it. Here is what’s going to be on the back aythe sides.
I already have new stickers for the other two if I need them. Getting ready to buff the side out. Don’t know what will happened to the stickers.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2024 at 11:08am
Very nice!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2024 at 4:11pm
The best sticker matches we found for all three were at Garzon Studio.  If you call they will make you a 6 pack with the two on your boat and the AWSA sticker if you want it.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2024 at 1:18pm
Google vintage AWSA decal images
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic