Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989' SN 2001, dash harness wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ms Charlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989' SN 2001, dash harness wanted
    Posted: April-28-2024 at 1:46pm
Does anyone know where I can find a new dash wiring harness for my boat?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2024 at 2:23pm
I don’t think anything premade exists (new), unless you’re looking for something from a parts boat. I may have something for a ‘90, feel free to pm me if that’s what you’re looking for. Otherwise you can probably buy an 8-pin harness and make your own.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2024 at 4:20pm
Thanks for getting back to me!
I'm in a jam here.
The wiring that I'm looking for goes to all of the gauges, ignition , stereo, etc.
The problem I'm having is that they don't make these anymore. I need the harness with the original harness connectors to attach to the already existing in the boat. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense. I'm trying.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2024 at 11:31pm
Tim is saying he doesn’t think those harnesses with the correct matching plugs exist to buy new. Sounds like he may have a used one you could buy.

Or you could buy a harness from ebasicpower and put new matching wire plugs on the engine and dash sides. If those specific plug ends aren’t available, buy new harness, cut off all 4 plugs, and install 4 new generic plugs.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2024 at 12:17pm
Thank you so much for all of that info. Im flailing here to get this done. Ive given this mission to a stranger to try to fix. He's an electrical engineer that answered my help needed as. I gave him all of the old balled up dash wiring, but he hasn't any experience in this sort of thing. It looks bleak.
M20 in San Diego wanted to charge me $4400 to make a whole new harness for it. ($200 an hour for an estimated 16
hours of work.) I know zero about wiring.
I need a miracle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2024 at 2:07pm
I'd like to buy a used one. At least it'll be uncut with the harness plugs still attached..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2024 at 2:09pm
How do I contact the right person?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2024 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Ms Charlie Ms Charlie wrote:

How do I contact the right person?

Send a PM through the site to TRBenj, who posted earlier that he might have a 1990 harness.

What do you have right now for harness pieces, remains etc?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic