Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emergency Cutoff Lanyard

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MzSanAntone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzSanAntone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emergency Cutoff Lanyard
    Posted: July-11-2024 at 3:38pm
I think I have lost this emergency lanyard switch, so I can't start boat.  I haven't seen it since we bought the boat 3 years ago.  How do I go about getting another?  I have a 2002 Ski Nautique it has a PCM  5.0.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2024 at 5:50pm
If you wish to use the boat the switch can be hard wired so it no longer functions but the boat does start.   I know they are there for safety but I have not used mine in 10 years.   Not sure if others use the lanyard every time out?  Would Nautique Parts have it on the shelf?  They are a vendor and support this forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzSanAntone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2024 at 1:52am
Thank you for your repIy.  I will look into that.   
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2024 at 3:16am
When my one failed I just bypassed it while waiting for a generic replacement from flea bay. Easy swap.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2024 at 9:44am
Definitely can buy them from the boating supply houses.  There are 2 types, we have the one with kind of a U shaped slot that slides in and holds the switch down, there's also one with just a loop that flicks a toggle switch to on.  Make sure you get the first type.

I've never used mine on the Nautique, or any Nautique.  But I like having it, not only for safety if I ever choose to clip it on, but also if all else fails you can yank the cord to kill the boat (I know, unlikely to ever need it).
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzSanAntone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2024 at 7:03pm
I so appreciate all the responses.  I found the lanyard!  Thanks again you people are awesome.Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic