Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Observer seat hinges 1989

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Netdewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netdewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Observer seat hinges 1989
    Posted: September-11-2024 at 7:21pm
Hi All. I’ve seen some old threads asking about this. Anyone have 2024 info or source for observer seat hinges? I’m getting my seats reupholstered and the hinges are super bent up and it seems wrong to remount the new seat on them.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001, 940 hours
andrewmarani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2024 at 3:06pm
Have not bought these since my 86 silver nautique hinges are in good shape.  But these look like an exact match for them.  Not sure if it's the flat mount or the 90 degree mount hinge and can't check since the boat is on a lift at the shore but you should be able to tell.

Thanks
Andrew
Builder
Netdewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netdewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2024 at 8:38am
Not those. I mean the cantilever type hinge on the back of the observer seat, that gives better access to the bow storage area.

I tried contacting Tim from this post with no luck yet.
https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16911&title=1989-ski-nautique-seat-brackets

There are lots of other threads too, but I have not seen a solution yet. There has to be someone else that has figured this out!
https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49123&title=1988-2001-observer-seat-hinge
1989 Ski Nautique 2001, 940 hours
andrewmarani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2024 at 9:03am
Yep, read that wrong, I was thinking of the back seat for some reason.  Mine were bent as well though not that badly.  I pounded them straight and added screws to the top holes on each hinge since that's were the force seems to be causing the bend.
Builder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic