NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 Heads...again

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 1:11pm
The Chicago Boat Show is January 17-21. BKH, are you still going to be there? Anyone else? The wife and I will be going to that one day. Maybe we can work something out then? I'd love to get together with you guys again.

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 1:45pm
PLBC in attendance the 20th. Going to try to drag Joel out to the wakeboarding party afterwards.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 2:01pm
Thanks Rob. I'm in meetings the 17th and 18th, and heading home the eveining of the 19th. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

The Chicago Boat Show is January 17-21. BKH, are you still going to be there? Anyone else? The wife and I will be going to that one day. Maybe we can work something out then? I'd love to get together with you guys again.

Rob

Rob,
I'm sure me and the fam- will be out for the event.. Let me know what day you're think of?? It would be great to look over what I can't afford with some friends...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Rob,
I'm sure me and the fam- will be out for the event.. Let me know what day you're think of?? It would be great to look over what I can't afford with some friends...

Moj'

I think the wife and I are planning on being "sick" the 19th. It's way too crowded on the weekends. And you're right, nothing like looking at a bunch of stuff you can't afford.

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 4:36pm
Rob, if you wait until ~5/6 pm it's really not bad.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 5:16pm
Yeah, it's not bad during the evenings, but I'm sure you want to get in early and back on the road.. If you decide to come out Sat or Sun, we'll hook up with ya Rob.. (saving vaca days for summer)

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Mike, bars are the best place to find PLBC fans. Next issue, were these girls fine representations of the midwest?

There was three of them.....
,not that I was really looking,as I'm a happily married man.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 9:45am
Rob,

I typically hit it Saturday right when they open in the AM, usually does not get busy until around noon.

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 12:43pm
Did someone mention beer? HECK YES I'M IN! Prolly late, but IN! Up for the boat show as well, I'll be there (In the "other" inboard booth)throughout most of the show.
PLBC/Quinner. You missed our photoshoot for our upcoming website... There is going to be a retake in Jan-Feb...

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 12:50pm
By the way...thread has beeen way hijacked.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

Like HW said, they always end up with beer or babes. I guess that's not such a bad thing.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 3:33pm
Magic,
Was Tuesday the 26th the day in Schaumburg then?? Don't know if I really read any confirmation??? Don't want to miss Hollywood and PLBC's ineraction with the orange, cladly dressed boobalas... Cla$$ic ...

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

Wholly schnikees does the one in blue have a large set of floation devices...... Nicely done GW !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 3:42pm
Speaking of Hooters, that blonde's face looks familiar, but the body doesn't. Maybe it's the way she's bending. Am I right Ken?

Moj', I don't spit much/any game at Hooters. Those girls get hit on all day I don't want to be cla$$ified as just another scumbag even if I am. Strip clubs though, different rules.

I'll let quinner do the talking, and swoop in at the end for the kill!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 4:02pm
Hahaha, I don't blame ya HW !!! Is Brownie com'n??? No that would be fun to watch hahaha...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 5:18pm
Mojo, Tuesday the 26th, day after xmas in Schaumburg 6:00.

What the Hell's a Schnikkeee?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

What the Hell's a Schnikkeee?

Remember Chris Farley from SNL ????? LOL..
OK Tuesday...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 8:37pm
Too bad computers don't have "Scratch and Sniff".

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 8:45pm
I've gotta threadjack my thread back, heads came in today yeehaa. Time to start having some fun.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 9:03am
Excellent Magic... Let's give the heater and the fridge a workout and come by for a motor hop up... Xmas morning OK??

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Speaking of Hooters, that blonde's face looks familiar, but the body doesn't. Maybe it's the way she's bending. Am I right Ken?

You are correct (Crystal Lake Hooters) - "Flotation devices"(although you can't really tell in the photo) are a new addition and are fantastic.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 6:59am
Allen for sh*ts and giggles you should cc the chambers on those new heads before you mount them that way you know exactly what it is, no guessing involved that way.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 8:29am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Allen for sh*ts and giggles you should cc the chambers on those new heads before you mount them that way you know exactly what it is, no guessing involved that way.

Chris, I'd be glad to do it but the only CC I know anything about is Canadian Club. If you can give me an easy how to I'll give it a try so we can get a real answer to the mystery.

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 11:14am
Get a measuring device in CCs (beaker or flask) fill it to known amount above what believed volume of heads are. Fill chambers, subtract remaining fluid, Viola!

or something like that, Chris will tell you a better or more precise way.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 12:33pm
Measuring device = Shot Gla$$
Fluid = Canadian Club

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Get a measuring device in CCs (beaker or flask) fill it to known amount above what believed volume of heads are. Fill chambers, subtract remaining fluid, Viola!

or something like that, Chris will tell you a better or more precise way.

So it's done with the heads off the engine upside down on a bench. Too simple, that's why I had no idea.

Quinner, how many CC's in a shot gla$$?.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 3:46pm
level the heads with the chambers facing up. four bolts with nuts and washers on them work well. Just screw down the nut all the way down on the threads then place a washer on top of it then set the heads on top. Now you have jack screws on all four conners to level the head. Get a syringe at the drug store or off your local junky your choice, it will have calibrations on the side in cc's fill it with water, get the air out of it and line it up on one of the marks so that you know what the volume of water is in the syringe, then squirt it in to on chamber slowly, you need to have the plug in and tightened or it will leak. keep adding water too the chamber in smaller incruments as it starts to get to the top of the chamber, when it breaks over the edge of the chamber then you should be able to read on the syringe how much is left subtract that from what you started with and you have the volume in the chamber.

using a small syringe with finer calibrations vs a larger one, so say a 10-20cc syringe filled severals times is going to be more acurate then a 100cc syringe. or a compination off both, using the small one at the end to get a better resultant.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 4:04pm
Will the surface tension of the water allow it to "bubble" over the height of the deck?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 4:20pm
Yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic