NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 Heads...again

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 4:27pm
that is if you add it slow enough but you should be able to see when it is level with the top, then see it bubble up due to surface tension and know to stop, well if you have common sence that is. It will be close enough for all practical purposes, the main thing is the size of syringe and being able to add small amounts rather than larger amounts at a time.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 4:32pm
shot of CC 1.5 oz = 44.3 cc's

so that would be about a 2 oz shot to fill the chambers if they are 59cc
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 5:01pm
Common sense huh, now your pushing it.

The syringe thing might work for me, I used to have to give my old Rottie insulin shots for diabetes every morning and may have a syringe left around.

You guys will be the first to know but don't hold your breath waiting.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 8:20pm
The method I most observed was similar to 79's with the syringe, but a piece of plexigla$$ was/is placed over the top of the chamber with a needle-sized hole drilled in it. This takes care of "bubble" effect.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 8:33am
Reid, this is the way i have done it,even without the plexi,there is a large difference between 59cc and 63cc. none of those heads were spot on as to displacment. Quality control not a big issue......... boat dr
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 7:55pm
10-4 Doc. Many of the mfrs have listed as much as a 3-5cc range when listing the chamber size on a specific head, and then list one single number as either an avg or nominal fig.

Side Note: Personally, and this is just from several engines we have, I'm big on the higher comp in our engines with these favorable power to weigh ratios. I don't know that I'd want 10+:1 comp in a cruiser under a continuously heavy load, but in several we've a$$embled with 10:5 and greater (theoretical/advertised based on piston and head combo of Keith Black KB-116 domed pistons and D0OE-60cc 351 heads) the results seem to speak for themselves with no knock or detonation even with aggressive timing and torque and acceleration is incredible. Not having another explanation, I attribute it to a continuous flow of cool water and thus the ability to maintain optimum engine temp. Elect ign doesn't hurt either I guess in terms of not fouling plugs and other issues a$$ociated with high CR's in vintage autos, esp when driving slow or heating up. Also, many of us use premium fuel when it's available whether it's required or not. Might as well take avantage of it. In essence, I'm not saying go build a 11:1 ski boat engine, but if you're looking at new heads which just might raise your CR to the 10+:1 range, don't worry about it and enjoy the power, if that's what you're after.

We're pulling into Mr.Jbears neighborhood next Tuesday, the 26th, and hopefully towing down our old beater testbed '69 Mustang so that he and whoever can take a fun testimonial mid-50s mph ride. It's the next closest thing to Bill Burgess' nitrous rocket. SS-201 Bill, you out there? I'm also looking forward to planting my butt in jbear's trophy winner. I'm stoked. If you're in the neighborhood, hook up with us please.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

How about 12-26 tuesday night, does Schaumburg help you northern guys out? After work I guess maybe 5 or 6:00. Somebody should check in with Gotwake and PLBC.

Sounds good,,,, 6:00 in Schaumburg on the 26th...
Moj'

Is this still a go people?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 8:46am
I'll be there.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 10:15am
Booby's and Beer, I will be there!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 10:44am
Good to go. I'll be there between 5-6 depending on traffic .
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 2:43pm
Joel,

If I can't give Quinner a ride home are you able to?

Smell ya'll later.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Joel,

If I can't give Quinner a ride home are you able to?

Smell ya'll later.

That would be no problem if CQ can leave early- I won't be able to stay long, unfortunately.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 3:02pm
The wives limiting your time out of the house?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The wives limiting your time out of the house?

I got that figured out, mines dropping me off and going SHOPPING at the mall til we're done. Don't have to worry about driving home but could be an expensive night out!!!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 11:06pm
Alan ----- Perfect

Where's the pics ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2006 at 11:13pm
Great time guys. Thanks again for putting up the G/C's Alan.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 9:06am
'Twas a good time, thanks Alan.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 12:07pm
Thanks for everything, great time.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 12:47pm
Alan, thanks for the Hooters.

It was great seeing everyone and a good time!
What was that Beer Count at the end again?

Joel, have a great Vacation and congrats again!

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 1:00pm
Guys,
Great to down a couple with ya's.. Sorry I had to bug out early.. Thanks again Magic for getting us together..

Joel, congrats again, and Happy New Year to everyone !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 1:12pm
Well, where's the pictures?

Don't forget Monday the 15th. Looking forward to putting back a few witht he Chicago clan. BKH
Livin' the Dream

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 1:12pm
Sounds like you all had a good time. Hope to make it to the next one.

What is with the congrats? Is there going to me a little M3Fan?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 1:35pm

What is with the congrats?

He's going to the Bahamas.

The total was over 50, ~95% Coors Light. Someone was drinking some Butt Light.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 2:00pm
Who sends congratulations for going on a vacation?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 2:06pm
Mojo

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Joel, congrats again, and Happy New Year to everyone !!!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 2:48pm
I didn't specifically ask WHO in this thread.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 3:04pm

Who sends congratulations for going on a vacation?

You said who.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 3:24pm
It would have been...

Who sent ..... ?

rhetoric
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 3:31pm

rhetoric

retarded
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 3:36pm
you guys kill me.

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic