Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Start up idle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
goligmj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goligmj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Start up idle
    Posted: July-26-2004 at 4:16pm
I have 1988 SN and when I go to start it, I pump the accelerator once and the boat fires right up, however once the boat has started it runs at a really low RPM (about 300 rpm with the shift lever in neutral) once it gets warm it runs right about 570 RPM which I think is considered spec for that boat in gear.

any thoughts of why it idle's so low cold? Id this normal?

Mike
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2004 at 7:56pm
You need to adjust your electric choke. If:
1. your carb has a fast idle speed adjustment screw then increase the fast idle speed by turning the screw "in" or clockwise. You should first verify that the choke flap is just closing completely when the accelerator is "depressed".
2. If no fast idle screw, then adjust the choke slightly to the "richer" setting (clockwise, I think). After you do this, make sure the choke opens fully when the engine has reached normal operating temperature.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic