Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro Boss Swap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro Boss Swap
    Posted: August-02-2004 at 7:35pm
I have a 95 SN w/ the standard 351 and EFI, it has 370 hrs. and runs fine. I also have a 93 SN w/ bad hull. The 93 has the Pro Boss carbed high output motor at 550 hrs. I have had this one for 8 years, never had to wrench on it (only norm. maintanance impellers,oil and trans change and a steer cable) and it runs strong. I want to do a motor/trans swap. because i miss the extra mph and hp/torque of the pro boss. The local correct craft mechanic says its a fairly simple swap. Disconnect all controls/fuel/elec/prop shaft/ engine mounts and lift out. upon reinstalling shaft pay close attn. to tolarances. i have access to a forklift for the exchange. any way i wanted to know what the thoughts /ideas you all have on this. Thanks in advance. Darrel F.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2004 at 10:06pm
suprised...33 looks all by guys w/o an opinion...is everyone married and the wife wasnt around to ask?... all kidding aside
i did it anyway, built a 10 ft high lift in my garage w/ $38. in lumber and a $39 come-a-long on Saturday, under $80 total investment. Sunday pulled and reinstalled both motors. I had never done this before so it was a great experience. It was actually eaiser than anticipated. Both are bolted in place and i have connected throttle and shift cables. Tonight i should be able to finish up fuel lines, and misc. Waiting on a few underwater parts from skidim, looking forward to test ride.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2004 at 10:22pm
darrel,whats wrong with the hull on the 93 ?
is it rebuildable ? let me know how bad it is.
and what is the location.thanks.
e-mail is in the profile.
kenny g
89 Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2004 at 5:34pm
Darrel,

Was the motor you removed from the '95 a Throttle Body Injection or a Multi-Port Injection?

Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 2:53pm
Martinique, It is a EFI "PRO SKI" motor. Does that answer your question? if not , let me know what to look for and i'll tell you.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 6:50pm
Checked at my lunch...it is Throttle Body Injection. fuel is injected into manifold from "carb" looking device under spark arrestor.
89 Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2004 at 5:26pm
Darrel,

Thanks for the info. Would like to know if you see a big difference with the Pro Boss.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic