Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to foot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 12:53am

Thanks! It turns out the boat will be in for one more week before it and everything else get pulled for the season. However, I don't think that the weather is going to be quite as nice next week, so tonight will probably be the last time I am behind the boat. I wish I had gone for it earlier, but I guess that I'll just have to take a six month hiatus.

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 9:20pm
Hansel,

If you tried footing and it sounds like you had a good start for the first time with no boom. You may find yourself leaving the boat in a little longer.
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 11:19pm
CCFans,

I am a big-time lurker on this site, reading almost everything, and posting almost never. However, I thought that you should know that this thread, and all the barefoot talk in general here, convinced me to give it a go this afternoon and I was able to complete my first two barefoot runs (~100ft & ~500ft). Big thanks to Quinner for the kneeboard technique. I don't have a boom (yet) nor any specialized gear, so that seemed the most doable way to learn. It took some trial and error, but I am very glad to mark this first in 2007 (especially since the boat is probably coming out tomorrow for the season).

Thanks!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2007 at 7:08pm
Thanks for the info, as x-mass is coming sooner then we would like.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2007 at 4:39pm
Really it's whatever works best for you and your situation.

For me, the hard drive camera saves a big step in transferring the video to my PC, something I do with all my video for editing and compiling. I simply connect my camera to my PC and it's a external drive full of video files. This works great for me.

Again, it all depends on what you plan to do with the video.

James, the hard drive camera works fine with someone holding it. Only had the one issue when we mounted it on a tri-pod that we strapped to the ski pylon. It didn't like that but we'll figure a better solution next season.

I snow ski with mine all the time, sometimes recording while I ski. Never had an issue.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2007 at 1:40pm
Oh I have an external drive. I was just saying that I don't think I'd like an hd camera. Having to keep all that video on a hd is what I don't want.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2007 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

Digital media take up a lot of HD space. So, your only copy is on an HD, then you have to worry about it crapping out on you.

MM-True that video takes up lots of Hard Drive space, but it will regardless of the cameras media if you plan to edit/ post it.

Hard Drive storage space is very cheap these days guys- .50 a Gig- Go out and get yourselves a 250 or 500 Gig external USB2.0 drive.

I suggest you re-visit your back up strategies if you are concerned with a crashing hard drive. Have a reduntant drive- it's worth the couple hundred bucks!

I'm happy to help you guys with this stuff. If you want some tips- shoot me an email
-Brad
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2007 at 3:25pm
Well another week end has passed with no good footing time. Thursday the water was glass, but no one to ski with. Went out friday morning, windy as hell no water worth footing on. Saturday and this morning water was glass again but no one wanted to get up and be at the lake by 6 am. That way I could be to work by 10:30.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 7:37pm
From what I've read the main advantage to the Hard Drive cameras is the ability to transfer to the pc at greater than 1:1.

In my opinion, not worth it. I like to have tapes. They won't crash.

Plus think about what some server rooms use for backup media - tape.

Digital media take up a lot of HD space. So, your only copy is on an HD, then you have to worry about it crapping out on you.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 7:09pm
Will, the hard drive cameras work if someone is holding it? Or is that still to much vibration for them.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 12:32pm
Hey guys, be careful with the mini DVD cameras. I bought a Samsung DVD this spring for summer recording because of the ease of editing but I don't like it. Any little bump and you get a write error and lose the scene you were recording and then have to reboot the camera, a real PITA. I should have returned it and gotten something else.

I like the hard drive cameras but they are more expensive and still have problems with bumps. Seems the mini tapes are still a good option and very inexpensive
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 1:52am
True, the hard drive cameras don't like vibration. We tried an improvisd pylon mount the other day and the camera would just quit when the vibrations go too bad. I guess you could insulate the camera from the mount with a peice of rubber tire or some neoprene...

Sony DCRSR62- Highly recommend it.
You will want to get some decent editing software too. I use Adobe Premier Elements.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 8:49pm
Mark, I am not going to mount the camera on the pylon. It will be held by the watcher.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 6:00pm
If you are looking to mount the camera to a pylon mount, you should stick with a mini dv camera.

Panasonic makes some nice mini 3CCD dv cameras with Leica lenses.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 5:47pm
Brad, any model I should look closely at or just sony in general? As I would love to add some of my brother and I's high lights and bloopers to the site.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 11:45am
Check out the Sony hard drive cameras- they are very easy to use and make the editing/ sharing process very easy.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 7:59pm
Brad, cool video. I think this winter a digital camera will be my wife's x-mass gift. She will be more into going skiing that way.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 2:18pm
We have plenty of video from this barefoot rookie season for Brad and I - including some really great falls. With the help of Tim, Larry and Glen (great footer on Brad's lake) we've come a long way. I'll be putting together a highlight/lowlight video next month (after Columbus day). Hope to get in one more session next week before the lake starts to drop.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Looks like amazing water.

That's 6:15 am, late September in New England. No boats, no wind.

-Keith

And no tubers!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 2:27am
Man ...was that sweet...cool music as well. Thanks for sharing.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 10:57pm
Here's one of Larry and Tim tandem earlier this season:
Good ol Boyz
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 10:23pm
Nice videos guys, keep em coming
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:23am
I hope for good water also this week end. Brad thanks for the tip I will give it a try.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:55am
See you at 6:15 tomorrow morning!
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:13am

-Keith

Do it again tomorrow morning Keith?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 11:50pm

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Question, you guys make crossing over the wake look so easy once your up. Don't kill me to bad, but any pointers for this.

Just smile for the camera
Maintain good posture (low with shoulders rolled back) and you should be just fine.

Hope you have good water this weekend.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 10:59pm

Here's some more video from early Friday morning - It starts with Brad (Barracuda) and Tim (TRBenj) running tandem long-line (this should have been three long-line but I just couldn't stand long-line that morning). At the end of the video is my first one-foot short-line.

Barefooting - 9/21

-Keith

Looks like amazing water. Nice footing guys. Nice wake crossing and even a tumble from Tim. Almost makes me want to foot more often!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 10:55pm
Yep- In the first video, that was a 100' line. For the doubles run, we used shorter lines because they were exactly the same length.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Brad, 100' was wondering from the video it looked shorter. The two man run looked like you guys were having a good time.

The lines were shorter on the double run- probably 75-80'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic