Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

center mount ski pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
clarkebar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkebar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: center mount ski pylon
    Posted: January-14-2008 at 4:30pm
I am going through the process of stringer replacement on my 62 Classic and I would like add a center mount ski pole but not sure how it mounts to the stringers. Does anyone have any pictures? Do I need a specific type of ski pole for this boat?

Thanks for your help
Eric
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 5:27pm
Eric, The pylon would mount to the keel and then to the fiberglass deck section between the cockpits. There is just a hole in the floor. There are several Classics in the diaries. I'll see if I can link you to a picture showing one. If you are at the stringer stage, don't worry at this time. Are you doing a original restoration?

diaries Classics

This ring and finger I fabricated from stainless duplicating the original as close as possible. You may end up having to go that route.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
clarkebar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkebar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 8:38pm
Brian,
Thanks for the pic's. I am not doing an original resto because I am missing about all the hardware and I have only 1 half a winshield. I emailed a member who had one broken a while back. I was hoping he would still have the half I needed. If not Taylor Made will do. I really would love to have a picture of how the pylon mounts to the keel. All the pictures I see just show it going through the center section. Thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 9:33pm
Eric, On your 62, I feel the arrangement is a 1" dia. main pylon shaft that goes into a short section of 1" pipe with a flange that is glassed to the keel. A cross drilled hole in both for a bolt to hold both together.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 10:55pm
Who in heck is Brian Pete? I am so confused.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 7:09am
John, I've been called worse!! I think we all have!! At least Eric hasn't refered to me as a "Q tip" - yet. He probably hasn't seen a picture of me and doesn't know!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic