Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 8:55am
Justin you have the CC disease bad. I will not bring up some of the remarks you have made about the SN2001's windscreen. I just hope you have added the remorse to your prayers .

The wake on a 90 and above model will be better for skiing than the wake you sampled on my 89. For boarding you will need a bit more weight to get the same size. You can not have everything.

Chopper looking good but you know we need more pictures. When are you expecting the SAN to arrive.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2010 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Nevergrew Nevergrew wrote:

I am indeed interested I am so converted, it's sickening !!

It's a disease with no cure mate.

Water test sounds like it went terrific Andrew !! It looks brilliant on the water.

I honestly could not believe how good this boat was. It's was so quiet, and so smooth that I cound not believe it. Steeting is also very sharp and direct.

IMO it's in a different league to the SN2001 hull all together. It even seemed significantly smoother than our old 1998 Ski Nautique. Definately quieter. you could have a conversation with the person in the back no drama at all at WOT. Everyone commented on that.

What have you got left to do on her ?? Are you still painting the hull, or are you restoring the gelcoat?? Can you get the decals in Aus??

Yeah I have decided to modernise the hull a little. Hull will ne solid maroon colour with updated decals. I recieved the decals Monday from the US.

I'm sure the Spectre will sell easilly. They have a cult following back here as you know.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2010 at 1:04am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Chopper looking good but you know we need more pictures. When are you expecting the SAN to arrive.

Thanks Lewy,
Yeah I was anoyed with myself for forgetting the camera, but I'm trying to get more pics that were taken of the boat by others.

SAN is here as I understand it. Should be available for collection this weekend, but I don't get back until 30th so I guess I'll collect it then.

My trailer import approval may be the only hold up if it doesn't come through before I get back. Can't expect too much for a government department. It's only been about 7 weeks

What a pain in the butt that was. Big thanks To Quinner there.! Owe you one buddy.
Pacey180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacey180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2010 at 1:35am
Chopper,
        I cant get you any pics of the new tower yet, it is being kept very close to home so that there is not too big of a demand for it before it is released. In a month or so hopefully you will get to see a pic of it on an 88 SN2001, and that should be just before the release.
Cheers, Cam.
Pacey180
88 SN2001
www.indyindustries.com.au
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2010 at 2:05am
Hey Seb,
Mate what prop are you running & what are your thoughts on it.?

You load it up with ballast for wakeboarding don't you.?

After discussion with Tim, I will probably look closely at either a 1442 or a 1458.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2010 at 12:41am
its a blast!! I put it before upgrading the engine and it did improve holeshot a lot..now with the extra 70hp it jumps rigth out of the water like nothing..
I put 3 x 600lb sacs but now that the hull is lighter due to the lack of soaked foam, i could add some more...
Still with all ballast i think it could pull a deep start barefooter..so go figure....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2010 at 1:10am
Chopper what for and how will you be using your boat?

what's on the boat now and how does it perform like in numbers?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2010 at 10:24pm
Hey Luc,
Down here I'd say the main use for the boat would be wakeboarding. That is how I am setting it up for my use anyway. I would expect that it might be used for the ocasional slalom, but the major use will be boarding.

That being said, I don't want to restrict the boat to one purpose.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 1:16am
you have any idea the amount of ballast you'll use?

We used to wakeboard on a 95' with the GT40 and we had 600lbs on the back, 300 on each side of the engine and 3 people sitted upfront. NICE!!! We ran the boat at 22mph and 3100rpms, it was really easy on fuel usage.

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 1:32am
Chopper I would go for the 1442 then it sounds like Kapla had a improvement with the standard 240HP engine. I remember Tim mentioning that he thought it was more suited to a modified engine though.

Andrew is there something wrong with the original prop or just lacking performance? From the pictures it looked to be the standard Federal that came with these boats. Prop technology has come a long way since then probably why the 1442 performed so good behind the stock 240HP engine in Kapla's.

Anymore pictures? Have you had a chance to evaluate the wake yet. I think it will need more weight than the 89. I will be interested to hear how your find the boarding wake and what weight is required to achieve it.

Kapla was running 3 X 250 litre (600lb) bags.

89 Ski

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 1:48am
Luc,
I have 3 x 250l (600lb) sacks that we used in out "old" 1998 Sk Nautique.

I'll probably just start experimenting using some / all of those.

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 2:00am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Chopper I would go for the 1442 then it sounds like Kapla had a improvement with the standard 240HP engine. I remember Tim mentioning that he thought it was more suited to a modified engine though.

Andrew is there something wrong with the original prop or just lacking performance? From the pictures it looked to be the standard Federal that came with these boats. Prop technology has come a long way since then probably why the 1442 performed so good behind the stock 240HP engine in Kapla's.

Anymore pictures? Have you had a chance to evaluate the wake yet. I think it will need more weight than the 89. I will be interested to hear how your find the boarding wake and what weight is required to achieve it.

Kapla was running 3 X 250 litre (600lb) bags.

Hey Mark,
Yes I'm thinking the 1442 will be a good improvement over standard. and will still allow the boat to retain good versatility. Was looking at a 422 on Craigs list, which would have been nice but someone beat me to it.

There's nothing wrong with the standard prop. It works fine, but I would like a better hole shot, and I think it would struggle with added ballast. It would probably be difficult to hold speed when loaded too with the standard prop if it struggles to get out of the hole.

No more pics yet. I'm back in PNG at the moment. I flew home for our ski weekend on the Friday night then flew out again on the Monday.

As far as the boarding wake goes, I'm guessing that I will need the 2 (maybe 3) 250L sacks. These 196 hulls all seem to react the same as far as ballast requirements go.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2010 at 6:28am
I finally ordered my new prop this week - ACME 470.

Here's a pic with the interior bits & pieces in. Just missing the glove box.... Dan

Nevergrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 6:35pm
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2011 at 10:30am
Got the glove box in with some new carpet - Thanks to Dan.

Jest neet to fit the "new" rub rail end caps that arrived this week - Thanks Seb

The only thing I'm missing now is the stern anchor light mount. Anyone have one of these.???

Looks like I might have a buyer lined up for it too.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2011 at 3:54pm
Hey Andy, glad they arrived!!
Did you like the other goodies that came in the package also? those are courtesy from Marty Mabe...
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2011 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Did you like the other goodies that came in the package also? those are courtesy from Marty Mabe...

Hey Seb,
Mate the package arrived, but I haven't opened it yet as I'm working away from home at the moment.

Extra goodies - That's awsome. Can't wait to check it out.!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2011 at 3:52pm
oops surprise!! LOL
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2011 at 7:58pm

oops surprise!! LOL

haha. don't worry I won't let on that I know.!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2011 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Hey Seb,
Mate the package arrived, but I haven't opened it yet as I'm working away from home at the moment.

Extra goodies - That's awsome. Can't wait to check it out.!!!

oops surprise!! LOL

haha. don't worry I won't let on that I know.!

Let's see the 'goodie' bag !
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 9:47pm
When I got home last night there was a package to greet me.

Thanks boys.!

Marty - I'll take a pic.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 9:53pm
Started her last night up for the first time since July last year. Couple of pumps on the throttle to get some fuel back in the carby and she fired straight up.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2011 at 9:04pm
Here's my little present from the boys.

Seb,
One question mate. The end caps seem a lille "oversized" for the rub rail. do they just go on like that or do I need to tweek them a little.?

sorry for the dodgy phone pic.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2011 at 9:06pm
All I need now is the stern light socket & she's complete again.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2011 at 11:38pm
Andrew I have found the original stern light socket from my 89. I have your name on it. There is no brand name on it anywhere.

89 Ski

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2011 at 12:23am
Hey Mark,
Thanks for digging that out.

Looks like it's different & isn't going to work for the 91. Maybe one of the other lads can use it.? Forgot to ask you, why did you replace it.?

It's off to BCF for me then.!

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2011 at 9:52am

Hey Mark, Forgot to ask you, why did you replace it.?

Removed when wet sanding and put it somewhere real safe. When it was time to refit I could not find it anywhere.

89 Ski

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2011 at 10:42am
Andrew
good job on the end caps!! looks like some tweaking will be needed. Probably the 92 OEM rubrail was thicker, who knows.
On the stern light, you have the same set up as mine, its attwood i think.
it has a lift tab that protects the socket from water when not in use.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 11:51pm
5 minutes on the abrasive wheel & they looked great. They seem to sit on OK, but they just seem a little big for the rubber profile. I might see if I can tweak them a little.

Yeah I think N3 sells the stern light socket I need for about $10.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 11:53pm
I fitted the new ACME wheel on the weekend. WOW what a difference.

It pulls like a train now. I didn't record any numbers, but with three on board the seat of the pants meter confirmed the upgrade is well worth it as a bolt on performance option.

We loaded it up with 2 x 550lb sacs & 200lb lead, and it just launched out of the hole with ease.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic