NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bit the bullet bought a Drysuit FOUND

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 8:14pm
man those rollers are really something..after hittig them I would go home and find my shoulders, back and arms with huge bruises...my wife would ask who is hitting you? lol
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 1:13am
Ouch Roy. Tumble turn was how I tweaked my knee back the first of December. Like the boom cam. What will they think of next!?

Very cool to watch your runs Kap...got the link watching Roy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 1:20am
Thank John!!!
soon more to come..winter sessions so no bikinis LOL...
I´m looking forward on finishing the boat this week so I can take it to the marina and use it this weekend...I have yet to test drive the new suit....
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Ouch Roy. Tumble turn was how I tweaked my knee back the first of December. Like the boom cam. What will they think of next!?

Very cool to watch your runs Kap...got the link watching Roy.

john

yeah, lack of focus, too casual, done this a thousand times...bam! Hello, wake up!

The "boom cam" is my invention, although perhaps not the first to do it. I got a waterproof "GoPro Hero" camera for Christmas and was trying to figure out how to best use it. Next time out I will put a little more rope on to get the skier in full view.
Got Foot?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 3:06pm
I thought about doing that myself too. Costco had them on sale a couple of weeks ago. Instead I'm having mt machinist friend build be a 1 7/8" camara mount to put on the tower boom side.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 6:50pm
One thing you will want to consider is the focal length of the camera. That close to the boom, some cameras won't get the whole body it. I have a crude mount I made attached to the center pylon, which is a couple more feet back. If you notice in some of my videos, the camera is static. I use that when there is only 1 skier and 1 driver.
Got Foot?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2010 at 12:22am
well I expect to test drive the suit this weekend..alligment is finished!!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2010 at 2:38pm
question here
So my brother is interested un buying a drysuit..his is worn and takes some water...He will use it for windsurfing...I guess it will be a fine suit for that sport? Or it will be too bulky? any thoughts?
thanks
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2010 at 3:48pm
I'd get the type that looks like a full length wetsuit
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2010 at 5:37pm
Ryan just like those because it makes him look thinner.

Really, depends on what you like, windsurfing isn't going to wear out any     suit quickly, so would he rather have something that he can wear regular clothier under for warmth, or a suit that is warm by itself. I like the bag suits so I can change cloths underneath as the temp changes.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2010 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Actually he has one of those but they eventually start leaking...the neoprene seems aren´t very reliable IMO..
I used to have a O´neill assault drysuit back in the day..and after some months of use it started to take water everywhere....I would keep you warm anyway..but the first drops of cold water where difficult...

Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Actually he has one of those but they eventually start leaking...the neoprene seems aren´t very reliable IMO..
I used to have a O´neill assault drysuit back in the day..and after some months of use it started to take water everywhere....I would keep you warm anyway..but the first drops of cold water where difficult...

At this point I don't think any one of them would make be look thinner

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2010 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic