Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which bindings?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which bindings?
    Posted: November-06-2011 at 3:25pm
My son and I are getting into wakeboarding we've had a board for a couple of years but had to redo the boat so the board sat for awhile. That being said went to use board last week and the bindings are dry rotted. Just wanted some advise on which bindings to buy that, we as novice riders, can are should use.Been looking on ebay but alot of choices and I don't wanna waste money. Thanks
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 8:13pm
I have a set of bindings called "The Hinge" bindings made by CWB. They're pretty good for someone with big feet (13s) because they make it easy to get in, and then when you close the hinge you're pretty snugged in.

It's worth trying on a set if you have a water sports store anywhere near you. Also, just be aware, sometimes you can get a good deal on a board-binding "package." Like, if you're board is older tech as well, it may not cost a whole lot more to get a board & binding combo than just one or the other.

Overton's seems to have good offers. Waterskis.com has tech support guys that actually know a thing or two about what they're selling.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 11:16pm
I have the same cwb bindings. Bought from overtones as a package. Less than 300. They have worked well for a couple of years. Very pleased.
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 11:26pm
Sounds good thanks! I'll check Overtons.
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 8:54am
My advice would be to make sure you get bindings that are the correct fit. One of the dangers is that if you are sharing bindings and they are too big for your son his feet will slip even when doing basic tricks or he will catch an edge and his feet will move in the binding increasing the risk of injury.
When my partner started she was using somebody else's board and bindings and these were fine for the first few times on the water although she did always suffer from bruising around the ankles but as soon as she was getting to grips with edging and moving across the wake we spent the money on a set of closed toe bindings so that her feet would not slip or move when she caught an edge (it will happen).
You don't need to go with CT but you do need a pair that fit correctly.

I still have the first board I started with (hyperlite motive) and the setup is still in great condition but there is no way I can use it as I always get heal slip and movement when I land from a wake jump and this just increases the risk of either damaging my ankle or taking a scorpion to the back of my head.

Its possible to outgrow a board but you can always take your binding with you onto your next board.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:36am
or you can get into a Wakeskate. No bindings to worry about. The whole family loves to Wakeskate. No waiting to lace up bindings, just grab the board and jump in.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:42am
I scored a pair of these on Ebay last winter delivered for $202. I absolutely love them and cannot say enough about them. They are a fitted boot so you have to get them in your specific size.

Hyperlite Audio
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 1:15pm
I could not agree more with getting Closed Toe bindings to a specific size and also heat molded, there is no way I could go back to open toe and generic sizing. Closed toe also help when the water temp drops either at the start or the end of the season.
My preference would be to spend the money on some good bindings and then save money on the board by going second hand / ebay which will save a packet.

Good shout on the wakeskating, its something I haven't done nearly enough and its a perfect way to finish the day, either that or a surf   followed by a cold beer.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 5:51pm
I just got a cwb faction board and bindings and I love them. Check out evo.com, if you look in their outlet they always have good deals and often have new brand name bindings for under 100. They always run specials of 20-40% off extra in their outlet. I got my cwb faction board and binding for like 275.00 during one of their sales.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 9:43pm
Also, go to Ski-It-Again.com. They have some great deals. I just got my daughter a new barefoot suite from it today.

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic