Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

riser torque

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
john beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: riser torque
    Posted: August-11-2012 at 2:23pm
Help. I'm trying to find the torque spec. for 1992 PCM 351 riser bolts to exhaust manifold. Also, do I need to put any gausket sealer on the new gausket? Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 3:50pm
John,
Welcome to CCfan. SAE torque specs of bolts are available on line. Are you putting SS bolts back in? It makes a difference.

OK, when it comes down to gasket compounds, I'm very old school. I do not like RTV's and always use Permatex non hardening. No matter what you use, the key to a good seal will be the mating surfaces MUST be flat and smooth. If not, they may even need a dust cut on the mill?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 12:08am
Thanks Pbrainard. I tried google sites looking for torque on the riser. What website would you recommend? Thanks again.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 7:32am
John,
Google "SAE bolt torque". Also, you never said if you are using SS bolts. It's a good idea plus I recommend anti seize but understand that using it will alter your torque.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:43am
Definetely you want the mating surfaces to be REAL FLAT!...
any rust in the surface is a potencial leak point....
I speak from personal experience...new gaskets, cleaned the surface and assembled, hundred of hours later, found water in cylinder...it was the manifold leaking....
A head gasket and a trip to the machine shop, got me again in the water.
Definetley go SS bolts!..also replace the allen ones that hooks the lower manifold to the head...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic