Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The latest and greatest in shoreline destruction!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The latest and greatest in shoreline destruction!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by P71_CrownVic P71_CrownVic wrote:

But I would ban every boat with a tower in an instant and kill it with fire. I'd rather have bird flu than have a tower on my boat...or any boat for that matter.

Very ignorant statement, please explain to me how a tower is the culprit for large wakes, wtf???

It's not. Never said it was.
96SNEFI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96SNEFI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 4:47am
I am fortunate to have lakefront property. I'm on a 6800 acre lake about a mile wide. It has some protected areas for birds by way of slow speeds. Otherwise, it's wide open use. Well...slow speed inside of 100' of shore and spotter required.
Yeah I tube what'r'y'gonna'do!? :) The point is to have fun on the water people. I'll enjoy a free-ski slalom run on the glass in the morning if I beat others to it. I've learned here to slow to idle speed to turn around to pick up so as not to send rollers down the lake. When the lake wakes up then I might take others for a tube out in the middle of the lake. Or I might go for a sit-ski also further out. I also think towers are fugly but hey it's your money.
I firmly dislike boats plowing by close to shore. Cruising by fine...just not plowing. I use mooring whips to keep the boat away from the dock and they work well but I sure don't like the wild ride it gets. That's why I plow around further out. Golden rule and all that (not derived from religion incidentally). Plus the waves settle down by the time they get to shore.
The shore is pretty much rocky gravel. There isn't a lot of sensitive area other than the protected areas. I agree, though, that really...the constant battering a good storm will do to the shore I think far exceeds what the odd boat plowing by might do.
When a little slow cruise is wanted then I putt along at maybe 1000 revs. I wonder if the wake is too big...

Respect for others shared enjoyment of the lake is all that needs to be kept in mind. I think the surfing concept is pretty cool but I don't have the right boat for it and I don't want to weigh the thing down so much. And I certainly couldn't afford to upgrade. Keep it out in the middle and no one's going to be bothered by it.

Well that got way too long...anyway...my $0.02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic