Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airguide Speedometer Conversion to GPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by winniskier winniskier wrote:

I am considering a speedometer conversion to GPS as I am too cheap to jump all the way to a Perfect Pass.

Please send current thoughts about an Nautic Logic upgrade.

I prefer an internal GPS receiver. Nautic Logic claims that the internal and external receivers have the same excellent reception. Do you agree?
I've had great success with NauticLogic! I tied their gps speedo/receiver into a Perfect Pass system to avoid adding a paddle wheel and the hole it would require. A great system. Since then I've put a set of their GPS speedos in my FlightCraft to replace the AirGuides—I'm quite happy with both systems.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

This thread is 3 years old, not a relevant discussion as the product is already out there. .

Yes, let's just forget about all the new members who have come on

Happy to talk about the speedo all you want, but it is too late to influence the design considerations as that was set in stone many years ago. Geez you need some reading comprehension help sometimes Pete!
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2017 at 1:08pm
That's pretty clear, Tim. Oh well. First thing to go....well....maybe second.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

it is too late to influence the design considerations as that was set in stone many years ago.

I'm glad to hear your model T is still running well Yup, design considerations never come to play after development since they are "set in stone".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2017 at 1:52pm
If Henry Ford stopped in and was soliciting feedback on how to improve his prototype before putting it into production, then I'd say you missed the boat Pete.

You're not going to re-engineer this GPS conversion kit at this point in order to gain 3mph worth of travel. That feedback was already presented, and the design was finalized in 2013.

There are other options to work around this limitation that I mentioned. Your argumentativeness is not exactly helpful.
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 9:56pm
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I've been given the chance to buy a never-used 2010 Precision Star GPS Speedometer rather than undertake a conversion. Perfect Pass says that the original 2010 speedometers updated 1 time per second, (1 Hz), the new ones have a 5 Hz GPS, and the 2010 model should work well, just has a slower refresh speed when accelerating. Is this a model T or last year's model? Do you think there will be a meaningful difference?
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic