NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The journey

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

He seemed like a pretty normal guy to me.

Don't believe the hype, his bark is a lot worse than his bite.
txpilot83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txpilot83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 11:57pm
That's a sweet 176. Glad it found a great home. Looks like you already have a cover but if you're in the market for a bimini I have a grey one that will no longer fit on my 176. If you're interested let me know, it's just taking up room in my garage now.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 10:44pm
Thanks Mark!!!

I am certainly interested in the Bimini and possibly a cover as a spare. Give me a call sometime.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 1:47pm
I haven't updated in a while but I was able to do some work on the boat last week.

Replaced the impeller, distributer cap, rotor, and I pulled the swim platform off for a side project while I'm waiting for parts.

It was pretty rough when I got it off. It looks like someone used polyurethane at one point but it was so old that it cracked off. There were traces of it in the cracks between the boards.

I used the starbrite kit that comes with cleaner, brightener, and oil. Got it for $30 at the local outdoor world. In addition i had a rotary sander, a 3D sander, and lots of reps with a sanding block.

bottom

This is after an entire afternoon of sanding.

Here it is after the cleaner and brightener were used.

After one application of Teak oil. There will be many more applications to follow but I'm letting it soak for the week while I'm at work.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 4:07pm
Nice! Careful with the sanding. You don't want to expose the ends of the screws, which can scratch boards and skis.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 5:07pm
Any luck gettting those manifolds loose and off?

EDIT: I now see your other post concerning removing the manifolds.

Nice looking boat.

Donald
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 7:08pm
Thanks Joel. Ill try not to get to the screws and if I do maybe ill just borrow Quinner's skis until they wear down.

I started putting an Allen wrench on the manifold bolts that aren't corroded badly. I'm letting the bad ones sit until this weekend with a ton of penetrating oil on them.

Ill be in Mexico for the next few days so I'm hoping to bring warm weather back to the Midwest with me so I can continue the countdown to launch.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 2:32pm
Some of you were asking about the prop selection on the 176.

I forgot to take a picture of the 3blade that's on the boat now, this one came as an extra.

Anyone know if this is a good prop for this boat/engine combo?

I'll get some info on the 3 blade friday.

1999 Ski Nautique 196
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 2:49pm
Its an OJ, looks like it might be a 12x17?

If youre looking to optimize the performance of the boat, a modern CNC prop will be worlds ahead of those hand finished wheels. If youre just looking for something to push the boat through the water, then that prop will do the job.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 2:52pm
Chris - I would run it & see what your WOT RPM is. They aren't bad props, just not latest technology.   If RPM is OK(4800-5000), start a piggy bank fund for a 2014 Acme upgrade.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic