NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 BFN - PCM 454 tune up

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 8:04pm
Great news Tom!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 8:10pm
You sure to take care of business fast!
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 8:35pm
itchy feet
This is the life
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 8:47pm
Thanks for the support
Yes Andy I am ready to get back out there now that the boat will run faster than 41MPH. Did you see the post with the new Acme? 48 MPH wth 1 passenger...very cool Plus much improved wake....
Thanks.......Tom
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 9:14pm
Tom, just saw your message- looks like you're in business! You don't mess around, ha.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 9:24pm
Thanks Tim....
I just received my DUI in the mail from Performance Distributor. I ordered a distributor for a reverse rotation marine engine. Pulled the points distributor out of the 454 and it is not a reverse rotation distributor :( My motor is a reverse rotation 454 but the old dist is for a standard rotation motor. Amazing
I will call Performance Distributor in the morning.
Thanks.......Tom
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 9:26pm
Yep I saw, and I think you have it pretty dialed in now. Good job on staying focused and not getting frustrated (if you did it didn't show) your results appear outstanding.

Tom you might consider the Double Stack / SFH feels like it adds 2 mph
and you will be 17.4% lighter without even going on a diet.
It's the cheapest 2 mph you will ever buy.
Get the high, med, and low pull with no tower needed.
This is the life
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 9:45pm
Andy I did front wakes with a std hi fly pole (7 foot I think) this past weekend. I helped alot along with a improved wake. I will look at that Double Stack.

I have decided Not to sell the BFN now that it performs like a Competition Barefoot boat
Thanks.......Tom
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by tbeard tbeard wrote:

Thanks Tim....
I just received my DUI in the mail from Performance Distributor. I ordered a distributor for a reverse rotation marine engine. Pulled the points distributor out of the 454 and it is not a reverse rotation distributor :( My motor is a reverse rotation 454 but the old dist is for a standard rotation motor. Amazing
I will call Performance Distributor in the morning.

Whoops, should have given you the heads up on this one. Most reverse rotation chevies use standard rotation distributors. They can do this because the cams spin opposite if the crank (sometimes referred to as "standard rotation reverse fire"). I assumed you had already put it on- you're going to love the way the boat performs even more very soon!
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:51pm
Just curious, but would that distributor just need a different gear?   Everything else should work the same.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 1:44am
Perfect! Can happen even on a bran new carb.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 1:51pm
I talked to Performance Distributor this morning and they were great! They mentioned that there is more work required than just changing the camshaft gear. So I am returning the distributor today for a no charge mod. Nice to have support when I screw up:)
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 1:21am
Revive this old thread.........I just purchased another 1989 BFN that needs the same tune up as my old 88 BFN did. CCFan imembers are an awesome resource. Thanks..
Thanks.......Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic