Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hale propeller repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hale propeller repair
    Posted: April-26-2013 at 8:40pm
Hi does anyone in CT have any experience with Hale Propeller in Old Saybrook. Michigan Wheel recommended them for prop repair.
Thanks,
Art
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2013 at 8:43pm
Why are you still turning a Michigan Wheel? Lolz
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2013 at 8:51pm
I put the acme 422 on, I just want the Michigan for a spare. Lots of rocks on Lake Pocotapaug! I know where most of them are but one never knows!
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 12:54pm
Art, I have used one of our site sponsors, Delta Propellers, for a couple of repairs. One was an original Michigan wheel and the other an Acme 422. Both were properly repaired and with a fast turn around time. Like to support those who support us.
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 1:15pm
Thanks Jim, I sent Delta an email. Hale propeller was pretty expensive so I won't be going that route. I was just hoping to drop it off locally but I will send it to Delta. I agree with supporting people who support us.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Art, I have used one of our site sponsors, Delta Propellers, for a couple of repairs. One was an original Michigan wheel and the other an Acme 422. Both were properly repaired and with a fast turn around time. Like to support those who support us.

+1

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 8:53am
Delta has re worked two for me, the original OJ and and Acme. Good work, fast turn around and reasonable price.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 8:53am
Delta has re worked two for me, the original OJ and an Acme. Good work, fast turn around and reasonable price.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
jtryon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtryon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 11:26am
I used Hale to re-pitch a prop down to an 11-pitch last Spring and they do great work. $175 to re-pitch and it came out like new with a build sheet, warranty, etc. I can't remember where I got their name from, but whatever site it was said they were the only nationally certified prop builder in CT which is why I went there. I'd go there again.
aaidan602 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaidan602 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2013 at 4:18am
Check the blades on your propeller for nicks or bent parts. These are all signs of propeller wear that typically signal time for a propeller replacement.
  Share Topic