Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water in cylinders

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
osur258 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osur258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 2:12am
rotor turning counter clockwise
j.d. and d.l.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 4:09am
Wrong starter
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 4:37am
Let me elaborate a bit,in a LH or standard rotation engine there is a timing chain making crank and cam turn in same direction with distributor turning clockwise.In a RH marine engine there is no timing chain but 2 gears that make cam turn opposite direction of crank distributor still turns clockwise.Technically cam is standard rotation reverse fire.So in either engine cam,distributor and oil pump turn in same direction.I would take original starter to be rebuilt or deal with marine supply.Not the first to go through this and won't be the last
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 7:21pm
+1 wrong starter... I have a 1975 CC Mustang with 990311R11 motor and it's a 307 RH. Rotor turns the same direction (clockwise) as the crank (supposed to) when viewed from behind the bell housing.

Firing order: 12756348
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic