Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1985 Ski Nautique fuel problem?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jdavis121787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdavis121787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1985 Ski Nautique fuel problem?
    Posted: August-03-2014 at 10:32pm
I have a 1985 ski nautique that i have completely restored and has a new jasper crate engine that was put in it just before i bought it. I have been having a problem with the boat quitting on me. It usually fires right up and runs fine for a little while and then will start cutting out and die. It usually want start for a little while but then usually starts back up. At first i thought i had some trash in the gas tank but i took it out and cleaned it well and replaced the fuel filter. I put it back in the water and it ran great for 4 or 5 hours and the done the same thing. Does any one have any suggestions, i am leaning towards the fuel pump going bad but thought that it would just go out and not start working again if it was gone out.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 10:46pm
Clean the anti siphon valve, it is the elbow on top of the fuel tank.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdavis121787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:06pm
ok thanks, is that a common problem with those boats?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:30pm
Are you sure it's a fuel problem?
Sounds like it could be an overheated coil to me, 4-5 hours is a long time to run fine then act up if it's a fuel problem.
I would check for spark.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdavis121787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:56pm
I believe it is although i haven't checked that but u can pour some gas in the carburetor and it would run for a few minutes until the gas ran out. That also wasnt 4 or 5 straight hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic