NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Tube for 200 lb Rider

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2015 at 11:25pm
Holy cow!!!!! That is horrific.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 12:00am
Steve, somehow I think you'll fit in here just fine
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 9:51am
I can only imagine if that tube kite came bac down and submarined. Like throwing out the world's biggest sea anchor at 3 5mph. Yikes.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 10:58am
I worked at a Malibu dealer in College that sold the Kite Tubes. We had to repo them from customers and cut the serial number out to send it back to the MFG.

I might or might not still have one with the serial number still intact.

SteveHookEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 5:48pm
After that, I'm rethinking the tubing! haha Ouch!
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 6:00pm
Still say you should get a foil and instantly be the coolest kid on the block
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 1:59pm
We're now Nautique owners again! Picked up this 1995 with GT-40, 377 hours. This was from the original owner who has kept the boat in climate controlled storage (that his family owns 15 storage facilities) and covered from day one. New upper hoses, recent tune-up, fresh oil and transmission fluid change, no issues at all. And the boat literally looks brand new! He just bought a brand new G23. His wife was in tears as we pulled away. They loved the boat!

Only issue is the trailer. It's rough. I think he may have swapped it out for another before selling the boat. No way this is the trailer that held this beautiful boat. Fairly large amount of rust around the lights, needs new carpet, some reflectors missing, brake work and paint. Can anyone recommend a trailer restoration guy in the Houston area?

Here's the boat!
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by SteveHookEm SteveHookEm wrote:

We're now Nautique owners again! Picked up this 1995 with GT-40, 377 hours. This was from the original owner who has kept the boat in climate controlled storage (that his family owns 15 storage facilities) and covered from day one. New upper hoses, recent tune-up, fresh oil and transmission fluid change, no issues at all. And the boat literally looks brand new! He just bought a brand new G23. His wife was in tears as we pulled away. They loved the boat!

Only issue is the trailer. It's rough. I think he may have swapped it out for another before selling the boat. No way this is the trailer that held this beautiful boat. Fairly large amount of rust around the lights, needs new carpet, some reflectors missing, brake work and paint. Can anyone recommend a trailer restoration guy in the Houston area?

Here's the boat!

First thing you do is apply the ski pylon warning sticker.

Congrats on the new boat.
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 2:06pm
Congrats on the new boat! Enjoy it!
1972 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by a0128 a0128 wrote:

First thing you do is apply the ski pylon warning sticker.

Congrats on the new boat.

haha, OK OK. We will be pulling a tube occasionally. Not all the time. And not around skiers in good water. We are respectful.

I went with this:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 2:33pm
That sucker has a built-in cooler and cup holders! Oh yeah.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 2:52pm

haha, OK OK. We will be pulling a tube occasionally. Not all the time. And not around skiers in good water. We are respectful.

I went with this:

Congrats on the new boat, looks AWESOME!

BTW, those sit down tubes are the type that gave my daughter a concussion, sitting up right while bouncing on waves is really not a good idea. That was the last time ANY of my kids rode a tube... (other then floating un-towed)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 3:05pm
Wow, I would think that there would be more chance of injury laying down. Good to know.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 3:13pm

Other than bouncing your kids/friends around possibly causing a concussion or slamming them into a dock or other boat when you do the S-turns or U-turns; lets add a compartment for holding frozen shrapnel and aluminum projectiles. Oh and better yet, cup holders for easier launching!

Congrat's on the new boat. She looks good. The trailer does look like its taken a beating. Having overhauled two trailers you can do it at home for a lot less than paying someone to do it. All it takes is a little time and some elbow grease.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 12:21am
That's one sweet looking ski boat. Congrats.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 1:28am

We're now Nautique owners again! Picked up this 1995 with GT-40, 377 hours.

Love the Red/White/Blue colors.

Where in H-town are you? I lived in Spring for 12+ years. Loved Houston.

Great waterski spot: Trinity River. Head north up to Huntsville. Then go toward Riverside. The launch ramp is right there at the foot of the bridge. Calm, flat water 24/7. Very few boats. That was my favorite spot for my little Ski Nautique. Watch for gators, though. (I carried a .44 MAG in the glove box as a gator persuader)
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Love the Red/White/Blue colors.

Where in H-town are you? I lived in Spring for 12+ years. Loved Houston.

Great waterski spot: Trinity River. Head north up to Huntsville. Then go toward Riverside. The launch ramp is right there at the foot of the bridge. Calm, flat water 24/7. Very few boats. That was my favorite spot for my little Ski Nautique. Watch for gators, though. (I carried a .44 MAG in the glove box as a gator persuader)

It's actually Red/White/Black but thanks!

We're in Lakewood, near 249. I've skied the Trinity River many times. It's great! We have actually seen alligators there before. One time they had two on the ramp and the game warden was there trying to get them away using dead chickens on a stick. Nope. Not a job for me! haha They generally stayed away from where the boats where running.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 12:15am
Really nice looking NWZ, I'm another one that likes the red/black hull sides.

I just read the whole thread, got a few chuckles, thanks for being a good sport! Sorry to hear you can't ski at 50, there's a good number of us 50 and over's here that still give it our best.

Best of luck with the new ride!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Really nice looking NWZ, I'm another one that likes the red/black hull sides.

I just read the whole thread, got a few chuckles, thanks for being a good sport! Sorry to hear you can't ski at 50, there's a good number of us 50 and over's here that still give it our best.

Best of luck with the new ride!

Oh, I can still ski. Just not slalom like I used to do. I will ski on two skis just fine. I don't have the endurance right now to go very long. But that's why we bought the boat. I'll keep doing it and eventually I can go longer. (that's what she said)

And in between, I'll sit on the tube with the built-in cooler and enjoy a beverage as I am pulled in my chariot! haha
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 8:48pm
Sounds almost kinda luxurious.   What is the capacity in the radar beverage cooler?

Nice ski boat Steve.    Have you ever skied the lakes down around Santa Fe?

2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Other than bouncing your kids/friends around possibly causing a concussion or slamming them into a dock or other boat when you do the S-turns or U-turns; lets add a compartment for holding frozen shrapnel and aluminum projectiles. Oh and better yet, cup holders for easier launching!

I agree. A friend of mine towed his 5 and 6 year old nieces on one of those at relatively low speeds. Their heads were flopping around like rag dolls and were coming within inches of slamming off each other. He didn't seem worried but I didn't enjoy watching it.

D.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I suggest you stop tubing.

O'RLY ?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 4:46pm
Not my boat, not my tubes, not condoned by this member of the family whatsoever!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Not my boat, not my tubes, not condoned by this member of the family whatsoever!

Good chance it's one of us especially seeing the Classic . Must be one of our closet tubers!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 6:22pm
You really need to get more Pete,you don't recognize the boat the tubes are behind?

Checking the diaries here is the previous owner

Current owner has no diarie maybe because of those pictures???
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

You really need to get more Pete,you don't recognize the boat the tubes are behind?

Gary,
Sorry, I don't but do have an excuse. My computer hard drive crashed so I'm on a small hand me down laptop that used to be my wife's until she dropped it screwing up the display. I can barely read any text. Besides that, this old guy hasn't been to the eye doc in at least 6 years. I'm way overdue for a prescription strengthening!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic