Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Pumps and In-line fuse

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wdg8769 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdg8769 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Pumps and In-line fuse
    Posted: July-23-2017 at 3:02pm
95 Ski Nautique - GT40

After having intermittent problems with my fuel pumps not priming at start (HP and LP) and engine shutting down while underway, I think i found the culprit with the in-line fuse in the battery compartment. Just a little wiggle on that line while turning the key and the pumps magically prime and engine starts fine. Any advise on replacing that fuse / line or location where can purchase a new assembly? Have read this fuse is responsible for many problems in the early GT40 engine and curious if anyone has done a retrofit to the revised config in later GT40's

Also my engine does not have the FCC and curious if anyone has purchased a turn-key key kit to convert the 95 GT40 to FCC. Replaced the HP fuel pump in '10 but looks like that pump is not available any longer if I have a problem.

Thank you!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2017 at 4:44pm
Here is the thread that lewey put together on this fuse. Problem is photobucket has messed with his pic's.
You'd have to do a search but someone just this spring bought the conversion kit.

Found it here it is
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2017 at 5:59pm
I did the FCC Conversion on my 1995 in June which I purchased from Discount Inboard Marine (skidim.com). Gary posted the link above. It may not be the cheapest alternative out there (some have retro-fitted other fuel pumps), but I am glad I did it. I haven't had any issues since I replaced with the FCC kit. If you decide to go that route and want some tips, send me your contact info in private message and I will get a hold of you directly.

-Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic