Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

raw water impellor for 78

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fernie-funguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernie-funguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: raw water impellor for 78
    Posted: May-31-2018 at 1:39am
I have found a crack in the plastic body of the model 17232 0000 jabsco raw water impellor on my 1978. It is leaking a bit and usable for now but I dont want to push it.

Does anybody have any replacement bits they would like to sell or know of what replacement pump is best to for a 351.. I think I have spotted a sherwood model that might work but I need more than that.   Thanks in advance.

Little one View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2018 at 6:38pm
What brand is your marine conversion?
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by fernie-funguy fernie-funguy wrote:

I have found a crack in the plastic body of the model 17232 0000 jabsco raw water impellor on my 1978. It is leaking a bit and usable for now but I dont want to push it.Does anybody have any replacement bits they would like to sell or know of what replacement pump is best to for a 351.. I think I have spotted a sherwood model that might work but I need more than that.   Thanks in advance

That is going to be a tough one to find. It is green plastic and breaks easily. My recommendation is to go with a Sherwood pump. That is what I had to do.
Research under my folder of "Mustand 17 rebuild" and you will find a fair amount of info and pics of pumps that I have made or modified.
Others on here have other favorite pumps of their own choosing.

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic