NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Child slalom ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Child slalom ski
    Posted: May-02-2022 at 10:41pm
So, the boy is all cocky now that he’s popping right up on two skis, long line. The pair I have don’t have a RTP. Kiddo is small. 50 inches or so, 60 lbs. 10 y/o. Anyone have a ski?

Thanks.

Ultra.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2022 at 1:45pm
2021 Connelly 62” with bindings on SIA for $335. Should be able to get a couple of years out of it and resell for no loss.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2022 at 8:55pm
Thanks David.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2022 at 9:06am
If you are on facebook, check out marketplace in your area.  Typically a zillion pairs of kid combos available with one of the skis having a rear toe.  Should serve a 10 yr old just fine.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2022 at 11:29am
Many people recommend the O'Brien Amigos for kids.  They have a high shovel, so they work well with big wakes at low speeds.  Wide ski, so easy to get up, and stable. They perform pretty well.  I know a couple of kids he wet to Nationals in Girls 1, 2 on anAmigo (fitted with a Wiley's binding).  You can find them used, cheap.  I think I paid $40 for the set I bought my daughter.  It would be best to put a good binding on the Slalom ski, if the kid is advancing.

Next, if the child is learning the slalom course, a lot of people recommend that you put them on a 65 inch adult ski.  Again, handle the big wakes a slow speeds.  Then,  find a more suitable size ski when they start completing the Slalom course at increasing speeds.

I bought my daughter a Radar TRA, 63"  with Bindings when she was about 10.  She grew too tall for it at 13.
But, she is a very tall kid (5'11" at age 15) and grew fast.  They are fairly inexpensive new, and you can find many of them used.  Sold the ski and recovered at least half my investment.  Was a good ski and only cost me about 60 bucks a season.  I would recommend.

FWIW

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic