Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 Martinique muffler replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
norrisdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norrisdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1986 Martinique muffler replacement
    Posted: August-17-2022 at 9:12pm
I need to replace the mufflers on my 1986 Martinique because one of them is leaking water into the bilge. Any info or suggestions on this would be helpful! Thanks 
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2022 at 4:34pm
It depends on where the leak is coming from. If there is only small fracture in the straight expanded 4" section, then you could wrap with epoxy and fiberglass to seal and it should be fine.

However, if it's coming from the end that connects to the hose, then it's more difficult to deal with. The muffler, being fiberglass, along with its age, is likely to be brittle throughout. The fact that you even have a leak coming from a non-load bearing (aside from the internal pressure) component is your evidence of that. I learned this while working on a 78 Nautique. When removing the hose, I used a pry bar to loosen it up and it cracked immediately, It then started disintegrating into pieces as I messed around trying to square it off.

Centak makes in-line mufflers, and although not cheap, they don't exactly break the bank either. My prediction is that this is the first of what will be more incidents of the same.

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2022 at 5:12pm
Website for Centek:

https://centekmarine.com/solutions/propulsion-wet-exhaust/

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
norrisdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norrisdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2022 at 5:14pm
I repaired this area 3 years ago and it held until recently.  It is in the straight section and in the same area.  Going to tackle it on Monday.
I tried to get a replacement from Nautique Parts but it wasn’t available. I’ll take a look at  Centak. Thanks for the info.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 12:21pm
I have a used pair as well if you’re interested.

norrisdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norrisdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2022 at 8:30pm
What would be the cost without shipping?  Where are you located?
Thanks 
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2022 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by norrisdam norrisdam wrote:

What would be the cost without shipping?  Where are you located?
Thanks 
pm me or email: trbenj@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic