Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1966 mustang/new owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
oneilthree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneilthree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 12:41am
Thanks to all who gave info. I will use it all to start my project. We got a rubbing off the block (GT21R526252). Most are saying this is a 260 block do these numbers confirm this?
See you on Lake Gaston, NC
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 12:47am
Do you see anything like C6 which would be '66,or C5 which would be '65. Not uncommon for the block and heads to be different years. I was told back then they bought surplus and used them until they ran out. I think my original motor was a 65 block with 64 heads.
Tim D
oneilthree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneilthree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 12:51am
These are the numbers we found first. I will try and locate what you are refering to. What would these numbers mean?
See you on Lake Gaston, NC
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 7:41am
Tim and oneilthree, I think the letter in front of the numbers tell you the engine size. then the next two numbers are the equipment code that tell you things like which trans and water pump they put on. The R is for reverse rotation and the following number is the year (1965). The rest of the numbers are the serial #. The Interceptor code explaination I have is pre 65 but I will check it when I get home. I want to see what it says in the equipment code.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 8:43pm
I was refering to casting dates.
Tim D
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 9:01pm
(GT21R526252) This looks like a engine ID number to me. I could be wrong but it does fit the info I have in my Interceptor manual.
oneilthree, The engine # should be stamped in the front engine cover above the tach (mechanical) drive housing. This is it.

Edit: If the number is off the front cover, then the first number 21 is the equipment code. Per the manual, it says that it has a Velvet drive 1:1 # 70, has a Sherwood water pump and Mallory ignition.

I also think the "G" is really a "C" that is cast in and not stamped in like the rest of the ID.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic