Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Graphics

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cupa123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Graphics
    Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:03pm
I own a nautique 2001 (1987).The coloured strip around the boat has started to discolour so I was thinking of covering it with a strip of the same diminsions. So my question is does anyone out there have the measurements of the strip in a format that I could pass on to my sign writer in the UK so he could make me a template. Any comments on this idea.
Paul C
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:11pm
Are you talking about the gel coat (colored stripe) or the graphics?

If youre talking about the gel coat, it would be much cheaper to buff and wetsand as necessary to bring the color back. If youre talking about the "Ski Nautique 2001" graphics, the file for 85-87 Ski Nautiques is already located in the reference section of this site.
cupa123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:20pm
I was talking about the gel coat strip I have already buff and wetsand a couple of times but the colour keeps going.(the colour of my boat is cream with red strip). This was me next option.
Paul C
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by cupa123 cupa123 wrote:

I was talking about the gel coat strip I have already buff and wetsand a couple of times but the colour keeps going.(the colour of my boat is cream with red strip). This was me next option.

Sounds like you didnt get through the oxidation when you wet sanded. Either that or it comes back due to lack of protection (wax).

Once you remove the oxidation, the color shouldnt fade or haze for a looong time, if its adequately protected.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:44pm
A couple guys at the2001.com have given their faded out boats new life. You should be able to wetsand and a buff to an almost new looking finish.

Ralph

froese76

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic