NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

off topic winter projects

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: off topic winter projects
    Posted: October-05-2015 at 12:16am
Well if I didn't hang around with you guys I'd have more money I didn't know half this stuff even existed before! I need to replace the manifolds I have now since one side went bad last year at the last minute just before we were to haul it down. Chris Mars bailed me out at the time with some used ones but now it's time to start new. When used in salt water I have seen recommendations to replace them every 5 years,and I know my dad went thru 3 sets on his. So basically as to cost it'would be a wash and I hope they will last way longer. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:56pm
Those are sweet Gary.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:54pm
Dang Gary. You must of started dancing like me for the extra money. Very nice .

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:10pm
You must of sold a kidney for those manifolds. Nice!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 9:26pm
the shamrock project looks like a blast i love the hiteks
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 8:29pm
My two other winter projects involve the Shamrock, putting back on the 4bbl in place of the 2bbl,which will be done right when I get there and after the new year I have mufflers,Hiteks and 3" tips to go on too.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 8:10pm
I am going to work on my tan this winter so when I show up at SJRR I'm not the "winner".
I bought a front hitch for my Chevy since I too have used them on our tractor. I have a real tight space to maneuver in to park the boat in Florida..The trouble with it is that it hangs pretty low and hits those cement parking bumpers or the sidewalk if you pull into a space..If I was making one I'd take off the licence plate and cut out the bumper behind it just smaller than the plate. Weld it up so that the reciever is just behind the plate,that way it would be out of the way and with the plate back on,hidden. This one, a Curt, I think could be modified by removing the reciever socket from the bottom of the cross brace to the top.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 7:25pm
that will be so handy, i have a ball on the top edge of my kubota bucket run in scoop the trailers and off you go.
Any other upcoming winter projects out there ?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 6:39pm
Ever since I worked at Watercraft Sales beginning in the late 60's, I've always appreciated the convenience, maneuverability and excellent visibility of a front mount receiver/ball. I've had one on all my tow vehicles even if I had to fabricate it myself. Now taking the concept one step farther, I decided my mid size tractor would be the ultimate around the yard and shop moving trailers.

I basically copied the frame of the snow blower and even used the same tie bars to the tractor hydraulics and ended up with 12" of lift. Not having a source of raw material (steel) anymore, I for the first time used Speedi Metal. Fantastic selection by the foot and even some by the inch. The only killer is the shipping due to the weight.UPS delived the next day but I'm pretty close to their main warehouse.

Now all that's needed is some primer and paint!

BTW, the blower is going back on for that fall storm that always comes too early!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Larry,
You forgot to post the one important picture at the end. That's the one of you having a cold one sitting on you newly finished project! It looks great - enjoy it.

As a matter of fact, Pete, that is exactly what happened (despite no photographic record.)

I forget to mention, that was my second winter project. This was my starter winter project....needed to tidy up the storage of the non-motorized boats, so I built this simple rack.

dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 10:08am
I like it. Dock reconstruction is in my not-too-distant future...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 8:09am
Larry,
You forgot to post the one important picture at the end. That's the one of you having a cold one sitting on you newly finished project! It looks great - enjoy it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 12:30am
Finished up my off topic winter project this weekend....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Vesack Vesack wrote:

Looks pretty nice. How much the complete set costs you and from you purchased it?

James,
What "set" are you asking about?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Vesack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Here it is in use with my 78 champ that was another small project this winter. New rectifier tube, new speakers, tightened tube sockets, cleaned it up and now its ready to rock again.

Looks pretty nice. How much the complete set costs you and from you purchased it?
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 8:34pm
ya 70's LPs arent particularly valuable yet 2-3K but give them another 10 years and if its in good shape Im sure it will be closer to 5K. Hard to find any other investment that will do that.

They wont ever reach the crazy levels of the 50-60s guitars just because by the 70s most guitars had gone mass production so they just made alot more.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 3:07pm
Really should be. Mine would look good with your amp. Its a light wood top with a dark wood lower light wood neck and dark finger board. Has mother of pearl inserts in the fingerboard and a white pick guard. It's a standard so it has chrome tuner handles and clear/black knobs.

I never play anymore but my Gpa gave it to me so I won't sell it.
Have a cheapo Squire bullett for banging around and a dx11? Could be wrong Electric Acustic Martin. New like 4 or 5 years ago? It lives in Indy with me but the Les stays at my parents because it is on the home owners insurance.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 2:47pm
you indiana boys... my uncle lives in Indy and has a beautiful les paul custom that he never plays, should be a crime.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 2:36pm
And Rock it will. I dont think I've had my 74 Les out of the case in over a year.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 2:26pm
Here it is in use with my 78 champ that was another small project this winter. New rectifier tube, new speaker, tightened tube sockets, cleaned it up and now its ready to rock again.

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 2:24pm
This thread needs a serious bump with pictures.

My most recent music related project is a new pedalboard I built. I wanted something a little bigger and that had a little more style than the standard black painted aluminum. So I build a canary wood board with a maple top and put it in a custom foldout case coverd in tweed and shellaced with a sunburst style tobacco brown. I dont have alot of early construction pics but here is final covering and wiring.

Here it is getting covered in tweed

Top off

Wired up

Final Fit

After shellac
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 8:05pm
We have one of those hi tech steering systems for ours too John
If this is the one your talking about I know they have been
reproduced. I used to get parts here but it looks like he's retired

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 7:18pm
This is my winter project. Just got it put together.

Tim D
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 6:34pm
I love boats in the house!
Toeboat

89 BFN w/454 bought new and still love it.
06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Santa put a little winter project under the tree!
Time to get the little Mercury running well.

I didn't know I was one of the "elves" Gary... Hahaha, looks awesome. Yes, bring it to GL this year !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 2:58pm
[QUOTE=Gary S] We should bring this to a reunion at GL,guaranteed calm water when we go sailing!

LMAO hahahaha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 2:43pm
You must shovel Santa's driveway or....! Great toy. I love the KE / KG7's, it's the only engine for a classic race boat. I had the good fortune of working on a couple in my friends collection to get them running properly. I have this photo of one, and he has the very hard to find Cyclone exhaust and steering system his other one, although it is not installed. It would be nice to find the racing gearcase for appearance, but not so much if you intend to drive it around for fun.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2013 at 5:22am
Cool!!!!!!!
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2013 at 10:59pm

I bought the runabout a couple of winters ago from a racer. It was previously a shade of purlple/ pink. I suspect the boat is an Austin, but don't know for sure. I repainted it and need to order some graphics. The mercury is a 1948 KE-7 Lightning, I have an early 50's KG-7 super hurricane as well. The kids will get a kick out of it, the Lightning should push it to 25mph, the super hurricane low 30's, (if I can find some props!)It is setup with Keller Hardware: a deadman throttle, and drum and pulleys steering. It was set up as a flat turner,( left turns only) but I'll return it to a center fin setup.   I'd love to find a KG-7H, or Mark 20H, but those things bring real $$$.

I need to go through the ignition on the Merc, and make a throttle adapter. Maybe we'll bring it to GL!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2013 at 9:49pm
Holy karap Gary.. you must have been a very good boy last year.

any info / history on it?   what is the motor?

got your knee pads ready?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic