NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 5:46pm
I wonder who hands out the "gold level service award"??? It's probably like the J D Powers award CC gets (sorry, I should have said "Nautique"!) -the more $$$ you contribute, the better the rating you get!! "Diane" will need to send No Wake a email and ask!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 11:04pm
Tell them you will spend as much money on a lawyer as they trying to charge you. Or take them to small claims court. They hate having to talk to Judge Judy.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 11:39pm
I sent them a email using my real name and not my wife Diane! I asked about how the "gold " rating is derived. We'll see what happens!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 12:06am
awesome
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
jcow0714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcow0714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 10:58pm
more news on the long long story...No wakes owner called me back today and after a long and civil conversation he basically told me i was wrong about everything thats going on. After talking to him more i finally got him on my side about the whole situation regarding the motor mounts.

He told me his tech was trying to shim my boat motor mounts with washers to the the alignment in spec, instead of just calling me to ask to replace them. so he waster numerous hours of his time doing it a ghetto-fabbed way.

i then asked the owner why the tech would tell me to buy a new alternator even though the one on it now is marine. He told me the tech simply eyeballed the alternator and had never seen one like that before so he said it needed to be replaced before they would tune it. I guess i forgot the technical way to diagnose things is to eyeball it???? So here was his answer to what hes going to do about me being out 100$ for a new one.." looks like you have an extra now." That really pi**ed me off!

After longer conversation he says in a nice way that he didnt know it would be this hard when they started. I told him that if you would do things the right way the first time it wouldnt take as long or be as hard. He then explains to me, numerous times, that he thinks my boat is a piece of sh*t. Im sorry i cant afford one of your 60,000$ malibus when im in my 20s. My boat in my opinion looks 10 times better than any other 2001 that i have ever seen in person. I have never heard an owner completely disrespect one of his customers as much as i have been disrespected like that. it literally put me into a rage and i then told him i am no longer having this conversation with him over the phone and i will come see you soon to finish this conversation in person. he then tells me he wont be there.( this is after he told me to come meet him friday in person to talk). At that moment i said i appreciate the professionalism and your time and promptly hung up the phone.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 11:16am
Wow,
this whole situation really infuriates me!! As a fellow ohio boater this drives me nuts. Unfortunately the lack of certified correct craft mechanics in our area, and really across the country, has put me in some frustrating situations but nothing like this. My experience has also been recent so I guess I feel I relate.
The problem with this guy is he is selling new Malibus. He doesnt understand the value and pride correct craft owners have. He just sees your boat as too old and antiquated and you are some kid with no money (This I can also related to as a 20-something with an 80's nautique). If he thought you could afford a new malibu I bet this story would have a different ending. Keep your power wedge and Malivu entertainment system, I prefer to own a quality boat, not a tricked out mediocre boat.
The proof is in the pudding, look at the resale values on nautiques vs malibus, the market proves the value.
If there is anything you can think of that I/we could do to help shout it out. My wife works for a law firm and when we have had issues with people in the past a strongly worded letter from an attorney has been very effective. It shows you are willing to really make this a pain for them. I would make sure you gather enough ammunition first just in case they are willing to fight you on it, pictures etc. Especially of that manifold. Comeon! Use your brain if it doesnt fit right maybe you should try putting it on another way. Forcing it in is something a 5 year old does with a puzzle piece!!!I would say you could file something with the BBB but I doubt they will care about that.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 11:19am
maybe we could flood their inbox with annoying emails or SPAM!!!!!

I'm not a good "ideas" person as that is the best I could come up with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic