Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving in to the garage

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6789>
Author
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 1:00am
Justin,what a difference!very nice.the gauges look good without the tinted ring.your buddy did a great job on the dash.amazing amount of work done in a short period of time
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 2:16pm
still working on finishing my speaker boxes and custom console. In the mean time I was able to successfully swap the gear on the distributor to a new one. I got a NOS marine prestolite for standard rotation for 75 bucks and pressed on the old gear. So basically a new dizzy for under 100.

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 2:41pm
Justin keep up the awsome work there. Very nice my friend..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 2:20am
Justin,

Damn! your really coming along. your buddy did a great job on the dash! I need to come over and get a close up look over a couple beers. send me a txt and let me know if your going to be around this weekend.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 3:00pm
Upholstery is back and it looks awesome!!! He did a perfect job it is exactly like factory original, every stitch!! I cant wait to get it installed. I mainly worked on wiring up the stereo and perfect pass yesterday and getting the seat bases lined up with pilot holes filled with 5200. Here are some pics

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 4:42pm
Justin,
The upholstery looks fantastic.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Justin,
The upholstery looks fantastic.

Agreed!!!! I was also very impressed as the entire seat cushion bottom for the drivers seat was long gone and he was able to reproduce it with no pattern to go by. It will be awesome to sit on a seat this year instead of a flotation cushion (it was very red neck).

Pete I also thought you would appreciate that no original parts were harmed in the adding of the perfect pass and those speakers, both boxes are perfectly removeable.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 5:26pm
Justin,
I'm glad to hear about the original parts!

I got a "kick" out of the 176 that's for sale in the diaries. The seller wanted a aft seat in it so he put in a float boat bench seat!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 5:41pm
Everything looks great, you have done a ton of work since November, not long and you will be moving out of the garage and into the water.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 5:43pm
Thanks guys!!

Here is the old (red neck seat), knew I had a pic somewhere. A big improvement.

Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 10:54pm
Very nice work-brings back memories of the '85 2001 I brought back to life in the late 90's-love the engine looks.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 10:55am
Justin,
What a great job. I looked back through your post and can't find who did the upholstery?
Is your boat a 1986 25th anniversary the # would be on the l/h stearn
XXV 00??
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 11:19am
upholstery looks awesome!!
1986sn 2001
newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 11:20am
in the pics it looks like the exact colors i picked for mine! Thanks for the update Justin

(sorry for the double post)
1986sn 2001
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Justin,
What a great job. I looked back through your post and can't find who did the upholstery?
Is your boat a 1986 25th anniversary the # would be on the l/h stearn
XXV 00??

I got a local amish guy who did it. He charged me basically nothing. Randy has had work done by him as well in the past and he always does an excellent job. He specializes in boat upholstery. His name is joe gingerich and if you are anywhere NE ohio I reccomend using him. He redid every stitch except the back seat and it was only 800.

Mine is not a silver nautique, just very similar. No silver sparkle on the side its just solid gray.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 5:52pm
Justin,
I've got a brother in Ohio close to Wheelin' WVa. I'm very interested in getting my upholstery redone.

Did you take the boat to your guy or just the interior?
How long did he have it (do I need to make an appointment)
I'd like to talk more about it could you give me a call

252-675-5138   Thanks Andy
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 12:04pm
Andy,
I just took the upholstery to him as I have been working on the boat. He had it for about 6 weeks. He may be busier now I am not sure I bet he would have done the whole job for around 1000. No need to make an appt. I just called him on thursday and took them out on a saturday. You are more than welcome to stop by and look at mine first as it should be identical to yours, also I would be willing to go out with you as its a little hard to find.

I am about an hour and a half from wheeling and I bet this guy is another hour from there. Out by medina ohio. I will give you a call here sometime soon. Maybe tonight if I have time.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 8:21pm
I stopped out to see Justin's progress Sunday. It's amazing what he has accomplished in such a short time without any experience. It just shows you what can be done with a little extra time and persistence, and of course, some help from CCFan!

Joe did a great job on that interior. It looks as good as new.   
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 12:37am
Justin, The seats look awesome !!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Randy has had work done by him as well

So beyond boat upholstery he works with lace & polyester and dabbles in silicone??

Eric needs his number 2

Justin, you are rockin that boat out, nice work!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 10:15am
i sent 2 interiors out to him, (John Miller, aimish guy) i went to pick them up and he said 800.00 so i wrote the check for 1600.00....he said no, that was for both
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 10:19am
my sister in .law lives down in Amish country, you go off the beaten path on a Sunday drive and you really feel like it is in the 1800's..it real is something
"the things you own will start to own you"
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 11:41am
sorry I didnt give you a ring andy, I was busy installing all of this last night.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 2:53pm
Looks GREAT!

How long till the water test?
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 3:37pm
Beautiful Job !! Your interior Pops-Those 2001 hulls are great riding boats-Good Luck splashing it
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Looks GREAT!

How long till the water test?

hopefully by the end of the month.
Maximal691 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 4:37pm
Looks awesome. I love the silver nautiques. The cockpit on your boat looks like its from a jet fighter.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 11:23pm
The motor is back in. I have most of the electronics hooked up. Just need to pop the battery to see if it will turn over. Then install the carb and exhaust! May be ready to start by next weekend.

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 12:08am
That looks just awesome!!!! You have done some great work.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 12:28pm
Definitely impressive. That was one productive winter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6789>
  Share Topic