NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap GT40p heads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap GT40p heads
    Posted: March-24-2006 at 10:01am
I mentioned this in another post, but thought starting a new thread will give it better exposure....

My favorite machine shop (Austin, TX) has a brand new SET of GT40p heads that they will sell for $500.00 ready to bolt on.

Anyone interested?
waterboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 10:52am
David, check out the parts for sale posting.
A guy from Dallas is selling a set of used ones he took off his boat. He mentiones that they are not the automotive heads. which makes me believe they are different. I would Be interested in the new ones. I want to call Correct Craft to make sure there is no difference.
waterboy
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 11:57am
The only possible difference I can think of is brass freeze plugs instead of steal. Other than that, I would be interested in knowing the difference as I KNOW PCM or any other marine manufacture did not cast a special cylinder head.
waterboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 5:32pm
David, would the machaine shop who has the heads know if the bolt holes need drilled. If so,I wonder if they would do it? Would my bronze freeze plugs fit?
waterboy
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:00pm
I don't claim to know anything about what heads are what, however I worked in GM foundry for several years and it seems that on the V8 head line we would do change overs from auto heads to run marine heads?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic