NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

71 Skier Project

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Skier Project
    Posted: June-14-2006 at 11:39pm
Here are a few pictures of my new project. I think it is mostly original except the pylon & graphics. Any comments positive or negative are welcome.

Greg

86 BFN
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 11:42pm
red makes it perfect
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 8:43am
Looks like you have a great boat to start with. Those red rims gotta go
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 9:05am
Looks good skikat, now lets see the after pics.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 9:17am
2_N I agree 100% on the wheels. Actually I have located an older Nautique trailer that I am going to replace this one with. So the whole ugly trailer is going! Anybody want a free trailer??
Greg

86 BFN
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 9:28am
A true diamond in the rough. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 9:30am
skicat
gonna be a great looking ride! LOVE those old CCs!

As for the trailer, Id be interested in maybe buying it/ Where are you located?

Good luck on your project!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 11:06am
62 Wood-
I am just north of Atlanta. I drove up to Indy to get the boat. Other than blowing out one side bearings, didn't have any problems. After finding new bearings, back on the road home.
Greg

86 BFN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 11:19am
skicat,
Oh man , got my hopes up when I saw the IN sticker on the boat!
Im in NW IL ...always distance .....

jbear maybe you could bring a flat bed with the mustang and this trailer when coming north?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 3:18pm
Man i sure would like to have that trailer to Man i'm getting tired of looking for one and might even drive to get the damn thing!! What do ya think there skicat? or do you want that thing woody? Man i wish you guys would find this man a new trailer for his old red boat

All is good though and i cant really complain!! At least i have a boat.....Right?

But sure would be nice to have a new trailer for the trip to green lake

I'm actually talking to prestige trailers about having a custom made trailer made.....

I'd better go to the bank!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 3:58pm
Now we can't have any fighting over that trailer. First come first serve. It actually pulls very well. Drove from Indy home 70-80 mph. I just wanted a Correct Craft trailer under it & got lucky at my local CC dealer. $100 for one he had sitting back on his lot. I couldn't turn that down!
Greg

86 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 4:01pm
What a cool looking project... I love the red!

It does appear to be mostly original- I dont think the platform or speedometer are, but those are minor. Cant wait to see how she cleans up!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 4:05pm
TRBenj - or anyone,

I was wondering about the speedo. Do you know what the speedo would have been or would it have one? There are no holes in the dash where one would have been taken off. This setup is like on the 70s tiques. The tach & other gauges do appear to be the original. I haven't seen a tach like that before.
Greg

86 BFN
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 4:41pm

i have a 72skier everything looks correct. The same as my boat . Except big black gauge. My 72 doesn't have a speedo. I do know one thing , eventhough it is called a skier the wake is more suitable for boarding. Good luck with your new project. You have a nice start.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 11:47pm
hello ,ski cat,looks like a good project/im also just starting on my own project a 1970 correct craft swinger/in the diaries section if you care to take a look,i also own a 93 ccsn,the 70 is going to be for my son.good luck on your project!!!
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 7:35am
Hey Dan,

Looks like you have a good project boat as well with that swinger. I don't think I have heard of a swinger before. Good luck on yours as well!
Greg

86 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 9:14am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

TRBenj - or anyone,

I was wondering about the speedo. Do you know what the speedo would have been or would it have one? There are no holes in the dash where one would have been taken off. This setup is like on the 70s tiques. The tach & other gauges do appear to be the original. I haven't seen a tach like that before.

Like p/allen said, I dont believe the boat would have come with a speedo. Youre right about the setup being the same as the Tique's- in case you didnt know they are essentially the same boat as the Skier with updated graphics and windshield (same hull and deck).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic