Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

85 2001 LVL Stringer Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 13>
Author
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

did the leak from the bowl plugs stop??

I forgot to mention that, Yes. They have not leaked a drop since they did last week. There must be some kind of a seal that swells to seal things up in there.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 4:23pm
did the leak from the bowl plugs stop??
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 3:50pm
Very creative on those seat tracks! You definitely werent supposed to get 2 latched tracks... only one needs the lever, the other just floats. You may want to consider putting the lever on the port side- it would be very hard to reach down the side of the seat on the stbd side once its installed in the boat.

You also make a very strong case for buying new hubs rather than just bearings and seals! Not sure what quality of bearings the replacement hubs normally come with, but it doesnt sound like your way was better in regards to cost effectiveness.

Be sure to err on the side of overtight on the hub install, as opposed to too-loose. They'll loosen up a little bit as they break in. Make sure you check them frequently the first few trips! Wobbly wheels are no good at all.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 3:47pm
While I had the boat out I hooked up the hose and fired it up. It ran perfectly, the more I let the boat run the better it runs. I let it run for close to 45 minutes yesterday on the hose. Mostly idling but I did take it up to around 2k for a few minutes and bliped it up around 3k a few times. The only things I found was I had a slight drip on the starboard side exhaust hose where it connected to the riser and the port valve cover had a slight drip due to a loose valve cover bolt. I tightened that and will add another hose clamp to the exhaust hose and we should be golden. No other problems besides these!!

Video of boat running on hose

After being on a high from the boat running I setup and got to work on cutting out the pieces to rebuild all the seat bases. I got everything cut out for all the bases and I ran out of gas. I put everything up took a shower and crashed.

I will get the bases put together, Cpesed and hopefully painted this week and get them in the boat this weekend. That along with the battery cover and removable floor.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 3:36pm
I had a pretty productive weekend working on the boat. I started of Friday afternoon by replacing the fuel level sender in my gas tank. I then mounted the wood strips that the tank sits on and then mounted the gas tank. I then pulled the wheel bearings and seal from the Port side. I knew they were not the best but the inside was worse than I thought!! After I pulled the bearings and races I cleaned the bearings in some mineral spirits to get all the old grease off. After doing that I had a good 1/8" play side to side in the outer cage of the bearing. The inner was not all that bad but was not perfect either. Both races had some pitting in them and the grease that came out of the hub was rust brown and the seal was completely shot.

Saturday I had to take care of a few things for my Mom first thing then it was off to Napa for some bearings. I took the bearings in and let them look everything up. I did not think of checking here for the numbers. I should have!! They had the inner and outer bearings in stock but did not have the seal in stock. They told me that the warehouse downtown did have them. I decided to check the other autoparts places to see if they had the seal. Auto zone, Advance Auto Parts and Oriley's all did not have it. So I took off to go down town to get the seal from the warehouse.

The lady at the warehouse was clueless!! I did not get the part number from my local napa and since she did not have a number to look up she could not help me. Thanks to technology I finally thought to look it up here on my phone and found the part number. She told me that the number I found here was not a number in her system. But she somehow found a part and had it brought up to me. I compared it to what I had and it was the right size, It just had an inner and outer wall on it (only 1 seal though). So I told here I needed 2 I got those then she told me the total I nearly fell out. $33 a piece!!!    That is more than the freaking huge inner bearings!! It was around 2 at this point and I wanted to get to work I went ahead and paid for it and walked funny back to my truck after being raped!!

I get back home get the races installed, bearings packed, (This is a handy tool to have by the way) seal installed and go to slide the hub on the spindle but the inner bearing does not fit. I pull the bearing back out and sure enough the ID is too small. So another trip back to Napa, this time with the PN from here, only to find out that they do not have that part in stock. So that means another trip to a store about 15 miles away. I get those and get back home and everything finally goes back together and that axle is completed.

I needed to pull the boat out to get to the other wheel and it was getting too late for that so I grabbed my seat base and put on my new slides. When I ordered them, I do not know if it was supposed to come this way or not but I received 2 of the slides that locked. I did not want to send one back and wait for a regular slide to come in so I just took a piece of threaded rod and put 2 90's in it then bottom nut and washer. Put it through a hole on both slides then a top washer and nylock nut. It works like a charm.

Sunday I got up and pulled the boat out first thing. Off came the hub this one has had water in it as the grease is all milky color and the bearings are all rusty. I replaced everything and put it all back together with new fresh marine grease and topped it off with the bearing buddy. After it was all back together I cleaned up the old bearings (I like to clean them up removing all the grease to see the condition that they were in. These were both completely rusted but the inner bearing was tighter than the other side. All in all the bearings, races and seals were absolutely needed on this trailer!!

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 5:09pm
ya its a ten minute job to adjust the float or replace it. I supposed it could be dried out too bad to come back. No biggie if it is.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

there has also been a rash of faulty needle and seats. I replaced mine and that solved the issue.

I do not think this will be the problem because the boat ran for 2 years after I rebuilt the carb without leaking. I could be wrong though we will see.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 4:49pm
there has also been a rash of faulty needle and seats. I replaced mine and that solved the issue.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

Originally posted by Big Pappa Big Pappa wrote:

One thing I did notice after letting the boat run for a minute was the carb was leaking from the metal plugs on top of both the front and rear bowls. I will have to figure out a way to seal these up before running any more.

i had the same issue this summer. i rebuilt the carb over the winter and it sat dry until spring. first time i fired it up in april, it was leaking out those plugs. after sitting for a night with the bowls full, it didn't leak in the morning...and still no leaks. hopefully you have the same luck.

Yea I saw where you mentioned this in another post. Crossing fingers to hope that this is the case for me as well!!!
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 3:34pm

One thing I did notice after letting the boat run for a minute was the carb was leaking from the metal plugs on top of both the front and rear bowls. I will have to figure out a way to seal these up before running any more.

i had the same issue this summer. i rebuilt the carb over the winter and it sat dry until spring. first time i fired it up in april, it was leaking out those plugs. after sitting for a night with the bowls full, it didn't leak in the morning...and still no leaks. hopefully you have the same luck.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 3:01pm
Nice work!

Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 2:37pm
I have still been chugging away at the boat. Mainly working to get the boat running which it finally did yesterday!! Woo Hoo!!!I will back up a bit and list what has been done.

I started with replacing the battery, after doing some research I decided to go with a Dihard Platinum battery in a group 65 size. From my research this is just a rebranded Odyssey battery. I can tell you that this battery spins the motor effortlessly. I did not charge it at all and it spun the motor while I was working on getting spark all week without loosing any power.

Tuesday my coil started puking oil (only 20 hours on the coil) so I went out and picked up a new MSD coil.

After going through and cleaning up all the grounds on the boat that I could find I was still not getting spark. Then on the suggestion of SNobsessed I checked the air gap between trigger wheel "teeth" (high point of trigger wheel) and the face of the sensor (pick up) of the EI. This was way off I reset it to 0.009" and she fired up. I did not have the belt on the Raw Water Pump here and only ran it for a minute then shut it down. I will hook it up to a hose this weekend and let it run for a while.

Video Of Boat Starting

A few other things that I have been working on. Thanks to Tim's suggestion I cleaned up my throttle cable and shrink wrapped the place where the sheathing on the cable had been damaged. I also re routed the cable so it runs in front of the rear engine mount. I like it much better here because it is up out of the way and has no chance of rubbing on the drive shaft again. I have not changed the orientation of my water hose connection though.

Yesterday after celebrating the engine finally running I pulled the tank out and started routing the wires and speedo hoses so I can install the gas tank for good.

The only thing I have left to do back here is safety wire the rudder bolts. Do I need to wait until I have the packing adjusted before I wire these up, or can I do it now?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 6:21pm
4 gallons in the tank should be plenty. If the fuel/water separator had been pre-filled, that would speed the process along (as opposed to making the fuel pump fill it up) but its not required. If you can get the engine to kick by itself by pouring some gas down the throat, then that will fill it pretty fast. It will probably take a few times.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 6:15pm
I also forgot to mention that I put in the fuel line and fuel/ water separator with a new filter in it. Do I need to fill this up with gas to get things primed and the fuel pump pulling gas?

How much gas do I need in the tank for the pickup to grab fuel? I put about 4 gallons in because it 1. is what I had and 2. I need to pull the tank back forward to finish a few things and did not want to have to deal with a heavy tank.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Good call on the heatshrink... that may extend the life of the cable a bit. If you want to eliminate the zip ties, you could route the hoses and cables similar to this. Food for thought.

If you have spark at the plugs, then your EI module is not bad. I would personally skip the starting fluid and just pour a little bit of fresh gas down the throat of the carb. You may need to open the throttle butterflies most of the way to get it to kick after doing this.

I like that routing I will try that when I get home after putting on some heat shrink on the throttle cable.

I tried some gas directly down the carb. I did not hold the throttle wide open though.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:55pm
Good call on the heatshrink... that may extend the life of the cable a bit. If you want to eliminate the zip ties, you could route the hoses and cables similar to this. Food for thought.

If you have spark at the plugs, then your EI module is not bad. I would personally skip the starting fluid and just pour a little bit of fresh gas down the throat of the carb. You may need to open the throttle butterflies most of the way to get it to kick after doing this.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:47pm

Those electronic modules are known to go bad. Maybe you should put the points back in.

Would it go bad just sitting?
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:46pm

Neither the strainer nor the control cables need to be hard mounted to anything, FYI- if you can just route them a little differently, they will stay where theyre supposed to. Be especially careful on the control cables... dont introduce any tighter bends than you absolutely have to. Just the slightest extra bit of bending will cause them to be less than smooth at the control.

I say "mounted", I just mean zip tied up out of the way so they are neat and not flopping around. My throttle cable has a place where it sat against the drive shaft for a little bit with the previous owner. Nothing wrong with the cable, it is silky smooth. The sheathing is melted off on one side for about an inch. I just want to prevent that and keep things neat. Saying that made me think, I should put a piece of heat shrink over that to seal it up.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:36pm
Neither the strainer nor the control cables need to be hard mounted to anything, FYI- if you can just route them a little differently, they will stay where theyre supposed to. Be especially careful on the control cables... dont introduce any tighter bends than you absolutely have to. Just the slightest extra bit of bending will cause them to be less than smooth at the control.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:29pm

Hopefully you aligned the engine to where the shaft spun freely (regardless of whether it was centered in the log or not)?

Yes when I aligned my strut I made sure that the center of the log was where the shaft spun freely.

Make sure you point that water tee towards the top... it would be a PITA to connect to the hose with it pointed down like that once the motorbox is installed.

Good point

Im not sure that the strainer will fit neatly under the motorbox the way you have your hoses run... CC would have put that first hose from the pick up under the tranny and up over the top by coming through between the tranny mount and bellhousing on the starboard side.

I do not have the strainer mounted yet. Once It is mounted the hose should be a lot closer to the engine. I will keep a watch on this and will change it if I need to. I have some extra hose so I can do that pretty easily. I did it this way just to keep the routing easy for me.

Are those 2 mufflers different lengths, or did you stagger them lengthwise on purpose? Just curious.

Yes they are different lengths. Previous owner must have replaced one at some point.

Make sure you get that throttle cable away from the coupler before you engage the transmission

Yes it will mount to the starboard stringer as I get closer to getting finished and I start mounting the wiring.

Looking good!

Thanks!!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:27pm
Those electronic modules are known to go bad. Maybe you should put the points back in.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:11pm
Finally after all this work I pulled it out of the garage yesterday afternoon at about 7:00 to fire it up. After figuring out that my boat battery was toast I was not going to let that hold me back so I yanked the battery out of my truck and threw that in the boat.

Turning over was a little slow at first, which I expected after it has been sitting for 4 years. (The engine was fogged and filled with anti freeze after the last time I ran it and I turned it over every so often with a wrench over the years. She loosened up and was turning pretty good after a few turns of the key.

After 4 or 5 tries with no even trying to fire even with starting fluid I checked and no fire. I pulled the distributor cap and it had some corrosion in it so I cleaned those contact points and the rotor. After that I have a little fire but it is more of a orange fire vs a good blue fire.

At this point it was way past dark, so I decided to call defeat and try again later.

So I am going to pick up a new battery today and dig into the ignition system to figure out what is going on with that. The plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor all only have about 20 hours on them. Granted that was 4 years ago.

Any Ideas of what to look for? No points it was converted before I owned the boat so not sure how old that is. What is the ignition resistor? Mine is hooked up but it looks old and was rusty on the connection. I pulled the wires and cleaned them and the post but not even sure what it does.

I would also note that this ran like a top when I pulled the motor. 1 turn of the key and it fired every time. Hot, cold, ran yesterday, ran 3 weeks ago it did not matter. around 780 hours on the ticker.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:09pm
Hopefully you aligned the engine to where the shaft spun freely (regardless of whether it was centered in the log or not)?

Make sure you point that water tee towards the top... it would be a PITA to connect to the hose with it pointed down like that once the motorbox is installed.

Im not sure that the strainer will fit neatly under the motorbox the way you have your hoses run... CC would have put that first hose from the pick up under the tranny and up over the top by coming through between the tranny mount and bellhousing on the starboard side.

Are those 2 mufflers different lengths, or did you stagger them lengthwise on purpose? Just curious.

Make sure you get that throttle cable away from the coupler before you engage the transmission

Looking good!
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 4:55pm
And here is a look at the engine and front of the boat.

Lets start with the engine is now aligned with the prop shaft, log and strut. I had the strut aligned with the log before I installed the engine. I had the stuffing box installed when I first tried to align the engine and got it pretty close and thought I wonder where the shaft is in the log? I am glad I checked because it was way low. So I pulled the stuffing box up to the top of the shaft next to the coupling, then did the alignment again getting the shaft in the center of the log.

FYI ... It was much easier to align the engine for me when I could watch the shaft in the log.

Ran all of my hoses from the Raw water inlet to the impeller to water pump to exhaust manifolds. Some were new hoses some were old hoses in good condition that were cleaned up.

Installed hose hookup.

Installed new impeller

installed belts

installed and hooked up alternator

painted alternator

Installed all the engine electrical.

Ran my new 1/0 awg battery, ground and starter cables.

Sandblasted, painted and installed exhaust manifolds and risers. I chased all the threads in the heads and manifolds, installed with new gaskets and hardware with some anti seize. No more broken bolts for me!!

cleaned and Installed exhaust hoses and mufflers

Installed throttle and transmission cables

Installed throttle and transmission control

cleaned and hooked up dash wiring

Hooked up battery and found out that it is no longer good and needs to be replaced.

Installed coolant pieces up front with a new thermostat

Cut carpet to go on top of air box. I store things up there often so I thought I would add a little carpet since I had it.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 4:52pm
Looking great!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 4:36pm
Here is a look at my hose hookup.

I do not have my hose clamps on the hookup yet, I know. I placed it after the strainer with the thought that when I turn the water on it will back flow out the raw water inlet filling the strainer creating enough of a blockage that the impeller can prime itself. That is my thought we will see how well it works.

You can also see my new 1/0 AWG positive battery cable ans starter cable here.

I also blasted and painted the bracket that the starter solenoid and other electronics mount to.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 4:29pm
Next we move inside the boat to the rear.

The gas tank is just sat in there right now. I wanted to run it this weekend. More on that later. The tank was cleaned on the outside.

New tank strips was made from 1X4s coated in cpes then rubber strips were contact cemented and stapled on with SS Staples.

Steering cable mount was drilled. I was worried about this because I did not have an exact dimension on where I overdrilled and filled with epoxy for this to mount. I looked through a bunch of pictures from when I did this though and made an educated guess. No wood shavings when I drilled so I am saying my thank yous!!!

Steering cable installed. I cleaned all the old grease from the steering wheel end and coated in a new layer of marine grease. I also cleaned the bottom tube inside and out on the steering wheel where the excess cable goes.

You can see the installed rudder port.

I installed the 2 speedo tubes, with 4200 on the screws, on the wood right under the lift ring.

I repaired the starboard muffler by putting 2 rounds of cloth around the ends. There were a couple of places where it was separating, probably would not have leaked but I wanted to make sure.

Once repaired I gave both mufflers a fresh coat of paint and wrapped them in some new carpet and installed them in the boat.
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 3:46pm
Wow so I have been a busy bee working on the boat all day every day from the 5th through yesterday. I did not take may pictures as I went, mainly because I did not take the time to do it.

I did take a few last night though of several places so I will post those up and let you all know what has been done in each picture.

I will start with the rear of the boat. (Small Note as of this point this one thread has used all of my image space allowed here on the site. )

Items installed:
Swim Deck Brackets. I decided to use through bolts on all the bracket bolts but the 2 outer bottom bolts that I can not get to because it is under the floor. These were installed with 4200 and are rock solid!!

Exhaust Through hull. Mounted with 4200

Transom Tie Down loops. Mounted with 4200

Transom Ski Ring. Mounted with 4200 and a 1/4" Aluminum Backing plate

Rear Lift ring

Prop Lapped to prop shaft then installed with new cotter pin

Rudder port mounted with 4200

Rudder installed but not safety wired yet.

New speedo hose ran from tubes mounted on transom to where new pitots will be installed.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 5:32pm

This is exactly what i have done as well. Thought the cap was important to ensure a tight system. Im sure over time that ball valve can get weak/not seal so great. I bought a shorter 10 foot hose and added an extra female end.

Ball valves will likely outlast the boat, but it's pretty easy to hit the handle or even just bouncing moving it a bit and then you've got an air leak. On my jet boat the ball valve opened and in that case it's the opposite, the water line is pressurized by the jet, so I noticed the bilge pump was on and went looking, found a pretty solid stream of water emptying into the bilge! That's the last time I left it un-capped.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Hey Kris, on your raw water fittings, don't you want a female hose end on your tee, not a male? Seems like you'll be connecting to the male end of the hose. I'm putting one in mine shortly so was thinking about it.

I am going to have to make an adapter hose with a female on both ends. I wanted the male end on the boat so I could put on a cap with the seal as an extra line of defense so that it is sealed and hopefully keep the air leaks to a minimum.

This is exactly what i have done as well. Thought the cap was important to ensure a tight system. Im sure over time that ball valve can get weak/not seal so great. I bought a shorter 10 foot hose and added an extra female end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 13>
  Share Topic