NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mastercraft Submarine

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastercraft Submarine
    Posted: August-15-2007 at 4:19pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BwU192VU8ck

Eric-

How much $$ in trans damage?
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 4:31pm
Holy crap, how the hell did that happen?

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Briman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 4:36pm
I'd say he jammed it into reverse. The guys in jetboats do it all the time. Sometimes they even sink em on accident. Brian
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 4:40pm
Good question Eddie. Upon stopping and starting it a few times, it looks to me like he was attempting to slide it, but for the life of me I don't know how you could nose dive it that bad. And I didn't see a big wake in the foreground. A Skier/Mustang/SkiTique hull will plant the nose under water if you try hard enough and that's as it exposes the running gear, and possibly several other CC hulls too(?). How about the newest hulls, can you make them dive? And I guess it's obvious that an open bow will fill up easier.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 5:29pm
Thats a good moment to test the new Bilge pump you just installed.
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 6:24pm
Must be his dad's boat.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 6:35pm
What's the right way to do this (realizing it's probably not the best idea to start with)? I've never attempted, but have always wanted to try a powerslide. Certainly don't want to end up like this guy...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:04pm
full throttle, let off while spinning the wheel.

Not good on your rudder though.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

I watched it several times and that is not a power turn.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:17pm
Eric used the term 'bulletproof' referring to my 10-18...but I wouldn't shoot that at it?!!?

LOL

seems to me that many negatives would come from this; and I agree with the dad's boat comment!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:28pm
If I had to guess that is what happende to a family near dayton this week. Some people at my work know the family.... read the story....

Child's lake boating death ruled accident

JAMESTOWN, Ohio — Authorities have the ruled the death of a 4-year-old boy at Lake Shawnee in southwest Ohio was an accident.

The child, wearing a lifejacket, went overboard along with other boaters when their 20-foot boat started taking on water, investigators said Monday. Mark Kreusch of the Dayton suburb of Centerville died instantly Saturday afternoon when struck by the boat.

The boy's father, Jon Kreusch, had turned the boat sharply to head back to a fallen water skier, said John Wisse of the Ohio Division of Watercraft. The boat's front end went underwater, he said.

The other seven people on the boat were safely rescued by other boaters. No alcohol or reckless operation contributed to the accident, authorities said.

"We're satisfied this is nothing more than a tragic accident," Capt. Eric Spicer of the Greene County Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/content/gen/ap/OH_Boating_Death.html
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:30pm
In the Dayton paper it said that it was a malibu.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by 68lemans 68lemans wrote:

The child, wearing a lifejacket, went overboard along with other boaters when their 20-foot boat started taking on water, investigators said Monday. Mark Kreusch of the Dayton suburb of Centerville died instantly Saturday afternoon when struck by the boat.

The boat went under, and then struck the kid? I can't wrap my head around that one...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I was told it was the opener for prior lake's ski show, and yes it is a power turn. Tough to turn when you are under water.

You can see the observer getting ready for the spin.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 7:50pm
If thats a power turn, the guy needs to work on his "Rotation and Flotation"
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 8:03pm
Looks to me like he chopped the throttle a split second to soon, should have had the nose turning a little harder first. Couple of rollers at the same time didn't help. I think he should stick to winding ropes.....Dump Ass
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 8:11pm

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I was told it was the opener for prior lake's ski show, and yes it is a power turn. Tough to turn when you are under water.

You can see the observer getting ready for the spin.

A power turn includes a bow to stern 180. Alan's probably correct that he chopped the power to soon.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 9:59pm
That is a crazy video, Guess they are lucky no one was injured in that one.
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 12:07am
I say he jams it into reverse, watch is arm, and the boats is uncovering hard in reverse.

Isn't this boat on Ebay, "slightly used promo boat"
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 12:41am
WOW...That is nuts, It looks to me like he was going for a power turn but his left hand slips off the wheel and he may have put it in reverse at the same time, and with the nose of that boat being so low already and the fact that it is an open bow allowed it fill up with water and way to fast...it just goes to show you if you dont know what you are doing then you should not try it, or somebody may get hurt!

I have been doing power turns in Ski nautiques since I was 15 and I will not do them with anyone else in the boat...
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:00am
That's in a river with a pretty good current.
Tim D
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:05am
i bet that guy felt like the biggest retard in the world. atleast the boat came back up haha.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:52am
The art of the power turn!

not one of my best, water was to choppy
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 3:07am
Cool set of pics Mark. Looks awful good to me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 3:09am
thanks..and I did'nt even spill my Beer!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 3:13am
Better yet!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 10:19am
Nice set of pics Mark!
A bunch of years ago a guy in knew in RI sunk his Nautique doing this.
My understanding is that he got back into throttle to quick (probably about where Mark's 4th pic is) and cork-screwed the boat under.
Wife and kids in boat. Ripped windshield off, sunk boat, and he and his wife were banged up a little.
Everyone please be Careful!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 10:19am
in the power boat world thats called stuffing the boat, who wanted to know if these boats could handle a little chop,
now if you could do that all the time i would consider you an ace..
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 11:15am
MM, upon closer review and with my computer's spray filter on, I noticed a small ding in your prop, plus the bottom does need polishing. Were these shots pulled from a video? And if so, post it. Another good view, but harder to get, is the inside of the turn, from where the water is swept, and then from where the pending delayed side wave comes crashing that soaks any backseat participants. You can avoid that if you quickly throttle back up a tad bit for just a second and pull out of the path, but it's normally fun if they're dressed for it and know it's coming. So for any guys trying this for the first time or practicing to get the hang of it, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do this without asking your riders to brace themselves. If the surprise you're aiming to deliver is the soaking, then warn them to hold on and they'll still get drenched and they'll enjoy the whip even more.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 11:32am
Also a word of caution if you do a lot of power turns. Check your engine mounts every once in a while. The mechanic working on my dad's 70 Barracuda one time couldn't figure out why they were loose!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic